• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

is this game purchaseable in stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the distribution has gone through to that point yet.

But I don't see why you think a store would help. Killing Floor is undoubtedly a M-rated game, so most stores wouldn't sell you it without seeing ID proving you're at least 17 or a parent being with you. At least, that's how I recall Gamestop and a few others running their businesses.

So at this junction it might be time to ask your parents to buy it for you via credit card. If they won't, well, tough luck I guess?

Upvote 0
so you will need an adult to purchase it.
You've got it all wrong, old sport. There is no law in the US that makes it illegal for someone under 17 years old to purchase an M rated video game. It is just common practice for respectable businesses to not sell an under 17 punk an M rated game. There are some places in stores you can buy it.

ProtoflareX, don't your parents have a credit card? Just ask them and have a persuasive argument. If you have something going for you (straight A's, captain of the whale hunting team, etc...) you should have enough leverage to get it early.

You have my best wishes.

Upvote 0
just wow

I was buying M-rated games in my country when I was like 13 :p

we can buy games, americans can buy guns :p

Strange country eh? Our neo-cons flip the **** out at the sight of a breast or public display of affection, but shooting up an abortion clinic under the guise of pro life is totally acceptable to them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a firm supporter of the 2nd Amendment but I'm just pointing out how backwards society is becoming.

Upvote 0
Strange country eh? Our neo-cons flip the **** out at the sight of a breast or public display of affection, but shooting up an abortion clinic under the guise of pro life is totally acceptable to them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a firm supporter of the 2nd Amendment but I'm just pointing out how backwards society is becoming.

lets not mention germany:
NO gore in games, but guys feel free to get in a massive fight on the streets on that special day dedicated to it

As much as I hate my country (Slovenia), I guess theres at least some logic still in it

Upvote 0
just wow

Americans can't buy guns until they're at least 18. And that's for a rifle or shotgun. You can't purchase a handgun until you're 21 (sidenote: Who's idea was it to make 21 the handgun and alcohol age? That just seems ...unwise)

You can buy an M-rated game at any age provided you find a place that doesn't care - IE, not a big store like Gamestop, Wallmart, Best Buy, etc.

Upvote 0
just wow

There were no M-rated games when I was 13. That was before there was an ESRB or game ratings.

Oh, and we can buy games and guns. There are no laws about M-rated games, since it's an industry-done thing. It's not done by the government.

Upvote 0
lets not mention germany:
NO gore in games, but guys feel free to get in a massive fight on the streets on that special day dedicated to it
errr what ? I dident know we have "Kampf Tag" over here. And there IS gore in games. You can buy them legaly, just not everyone can and there is limited advertisement options...:rolleyes: i guess it was "talking out my *** day" in slovenia when you wrote that...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I agree with thrash242. BAD Generalization and I think totally wrong. I am a conservative and that statement is false. Do not pass off your misguided ideas on a large part of the USA's population. :mad:

Upvote 0
errr what ? I dident know we have "Kampf Tag" over here. And there IS gore in games. You can buy them legaly, just not everyone can and there is limited advertisement options...:rolleyes: i guess it was "talking out my *** day" in slovenia when you wrote that...

Its the first day of some month

november or something

heck in school our teacher told us he was there (in germany) and he nearly pissed his pants when the crowd went rushing and others were like: its just a ˝fight day˝ or something like that

I dont know what the day is called exactly, but there sure is

Upvote 0
This is BS. I dare you to find a mainstream conservative that thinks shooting up abortion clinics is "totally acceptable".

Stop making things up.

Neo-con =/= mainstream conservative. I don't have a problem with people who have traditional Republican political stances. Stop getting all huffy when I talk about the people on the extreme end of the "Right". Extremism is bad on either side of the spectrum.

I agree with thrash242. BAD Generalization and I think totally wrong. I am a conservative and that statement is false. Do not pass off your misguided ideas on a large part of the USA's population. :mad:

I never said all conservatives. I said neo-cons. Neo-cons tend to be the type of people that eat up whatever Fox News pundits/fundamentalist preachers/etc tell them to believe (the same is true of the extreme liberals and MSNBC pundits/talk show hosts). Personally, I have some conservative views myself but tend to fall in the middle ground.

However, the moderate voice is often the one that goes unheard. To get your way in the US, the method seems to be "Be as loud and belligerent as possible until you get your way". But I digress.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.