• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

DH supressions system should be adapted to RO Tripwire

Kumando

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 23, 2007
Ive been playing DH and i must say its being a better experience than Ro because of the new supression system, it really makes MGs supress and pin infantry and the tracers are less visible who does not give away the Mg position so easily as RO "star wars tracers", i think these system should be adapted to RO because i lost the will to play RO because of DH, when im im Mg in in RO i cant supress nothing and i always get pixel sniped its frustrating and unrealistic.

What you guys think?

I wholeheartly agree to a certain extend. The system integrated into Dh makes it alot more immersive. As you mentioned..it can get frustraing to get "pixel sniped" as a mg in stock ro. But on the other hand, you will get used to "pixel hunt" with the mg in stock Ro after some more playtime. The thing i whould like to see tweaked, is that the "supression effec"t also effects you if you are close to friendly SMG/mg players. Especialy in cramped/tight places. ( specialy anoying if you are sniper and a smg dude protects your back or is in the window next to you )If that is fixed iam 100% for that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wholeheartly agree to a certain extend. The system integrated into Dh makes it alot more immersive. As you mentioned..it can get frustraing to get "pixel sniped" as a mg in stock ro. But on the other hand, you will get used to "pixel hunt" with the mg in stock Ro after some more playtime. The thing i whould like to see tweaked, is that the "suppresion effec"t also effects you if you are close to friendly SMG/mg players. Especialy in cramped/tight places. ( specialy anoying if you are sniper and a smg dude protects your back or is in the window next to you )If that is fixed iam 100% for that.

I agree that if they tweaked that then would be perfect but maybe the game engine doesnt allow it but i would still like to see these feature inegrated in vanilla RO.

Upvote 0
The thing i whould like to see tweaked, is that the "supression effec"t also effects you if you are close to friendly SMG/mg players. Especialy in cramped/tight places. ( specialy anoying if you are sniper and a smg dude protects your back or is in the window next to you )If that is fixed iam 100% for that.

This issue has been fixed for the upcoming patch;)

Upvote 0
Yep, it makes shooting at someone you don't see (like say hiding behind a window) a viable tactic, even if you just have a semi-auto.

2 or 3 dudes with rifles shooting at guy in a window is enough to make it impossible for him to make any accurate shots (as it should be IMO).

And MGs now dominate the way they should.

Upvote 0
I agree with what everyone are saying here.

But just dont over do it, the machine gunners shoudnt be able to just shoot left and right and supress everyone. Only if he is focusing on a area.

I have read somewhere that the avarage machine gunner life expectancy was around 45 seconds during combat.
Because he would always be the first priority target, and offcourse easy to locate.

Upvote 0
I think the suppression is unnecessary and if implemented, could be a lot better. I especially don't like how your gun moves around. If I was shot at, my gun wouldn't magically move around. I would duck down behind cover. Which I do in game. Which makes me believe there isn't much need for a suppression system.

Upvote 0
Darkest Hour is a modification for Red Orchestra, it's so good that most people are playing it rather than RO now.

eh, taking it a little far there. most longtime RO players that are playing DH now are playing because it is something different and they are tired of the same old same old of RO. and actually, if you check the official stats, RO still has substantially higher daily player peaks and averages than DH. ;)

i personally love playing both and hopefully ROHOS will combine all the great aspects of RO and it's mods.

Upvote 0