• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"Automatic setings" options

PETERPANs

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
"AUTOMATIC SETTINGS MENU"

Its "options" where player enable suitable features for his/her best gameplay performance.

Examples:
1. Autoreload firearms - no key pushing -
A: magazine only (if you got empty magazine) or enable "primary fire" key to reload weapon if there is no amunition inside of your weapon.
B: bolt action only
C: both
2. Autoattach bayonet to rifle - no key pushing
3. Autoequip best firearm, after using 1 grenade (if you have 2 nades)
4. etc. - your suggestion ....

Its selectable - turn on or off.

Last edited:
Im up for all kinds of options that make live easier for some, even though i wont use it.

Like in killingfloor sure the auto reload is nice, but i want to be able to turn it off so i dont automatically reload when i would prefer to switch weapon. (as actually pressing the fire button using to reload it again i use to test if there is a bullet left, if nothing comes out when i press i switch weapon or choose reload)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would also like

1) Auto shoot when my gun sees an enemy
2) Auto jump when i navigate a corner
3) Auto 360 bayo when fighting finns.

Now although the above is silly, it highlights how your suggestions goes too far imo.

Console gaming this game should not be. Making all my things do it by themselves would be silly.

EDIT: Zets is right. Some folks might like it, not me, but each to their own.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would also like

1) Auto shoot when my gun sees an enemy
2) Auto jump when i navigate a corner
3) Auto 360 bayo when fighting finns.

Now although the above is silly, it highlights how your suggestions goes too far imo.

Console gaming this game should not be. Making all my things do it by themselves would be silly. There is no disadvantage due to selectable features.

EDIT: Zets is right. Some folks might like it, not me, but each to their own.

You posted very bad exmple. My sugestion is not about cheating or autoaiming ... My idea is cheap and ergonomic, to improve gameplay of all kind of players.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You posted very bad exmple. My sugestion is not about cheating or autoaiming ... My idea is cheap and ergonomic, to improve gameplay of all kind of players.

I know, i was playing :D

Auto adding bayo etc is fine imo. Not starting with it, but maybe when you spawn it auto starts putting it on.

Dont remove the bayo removal, as sometimes, a good bashing is required. (I await Bino bashing in HOS)

Upvote 0
The other suggestion's aren't bad, but I would NOT want to see an "auto-reload" option. Keeping track of how much ammo you have is part of the game.

Its choice, if you dont want it just dont select it, I think that If you push fire button and there is no fire you have empty magazine or sometjing like that. Its not secret for you of course :D ... difference is that you like to push reload key, while I like to not push it.

As I sayed you can select it if you like or you can keep it as it is. No harm to you, trust me.

Upvote 0
As I sayed you can select it if you like or you can keep it as it is. No harm to you, trust me.

What I'm saying is that it shouldn't be a choice. Reloading isn't automatic in real life, it shouldn't be automatic in-game.

Starting with a bayonet attached is a feature people have wanted for a long time (especially for the Soviets, since thier SOP was to have the bayo attached at most times anyway). But automatic reloading is a crutch for action games. In real life, if you run your magazine dry, you don't automatically pick up another one and reload without thinking.

Upvote 0
What I'm saying is that it shouldn't be a choice. Reloading isn't automatic in real life, it shouldn't be automatic in-game.

Starting with a bayonet attached is a feature people have wanted for a long time (especially for the Soviets, since thier SOP was to have the bayo attached at most times anyway). But automatic reloading is a crutch for action games. In real life, if you run your magazine dry, you don't automatically pick up another one and reload without thinking.

I am sorry but I think that pushing reaload key without thinking is same problem. For example you need to push reaload key to feel better but there is also players whitch dont like your way.

Anyway you have right to post your suggestion about that.

Upvote 0
I am sorry but I think that pushing reaload key without thinking is same problem. For example you need to push reaload key to feel better but there is also players whitch dont like your way.

What are you talking about with this "feel better" stuff? In RO, you had to actively push the reload key, it's not automatic. Now, instinctually you might hit the reload key, but that's different from auto-reload where the game does the thinking for you, and all you have to do is hold down the trigger.

Upvote 0
Things getting done automatic makes things easier for newer player as they need to know/use fewer buttons.

The ability to turn things off will allow a user more precise control like switching weapon once you click and no bullet comes out, so you wont automatically reload.

I prefer to bind loads of keys, but anything that can make things easier for some that does not effect other players is a nice addition to the game.

Upvote 0
As long as its selectable.

Example - your ran into an enemy building with your rifle and use last bullet on the guy watching the back door, and need to reload. I do not infact wish to reload as it takes too long and wish to stab/bash enemy. If autoreload was on I would have to reload without choice. And most likely be found out. :eek:

Upvote 0
As long as its selectable.

Example - your ran into an enemy building with your rifle and use last bullet on the guy watching the back door, and need to reload. I do not infact wish to reload as it takes too long and wish to stab/bash enemy. If autoreload was on I would have to reload without choice. And most likely be found out. :eek:

Very bad example, lot of riflemans shoot from safe-medium range distance. Melee killing is very rare, in general you kill 93-98% of enemy by nades or bullets. Also there is little chance for you to reload while you have chance to kill your enemy by melee weapons.
Your example is worst enough, because selecting option gives you free choice to select it or not.

Upvote 0
sorry, but auto-reloading is a terrible idea. whoever made the comment that it is a crutch is absolutely right. it's not hard to remember what your reload key is and takes very little time to press it.

the bayo suggestion is a good idea, and like craig said need to be able to take it off if you want to.

something along these lines i'd love to see is the ability to STOP reloading when you start it. nothing is worse than getting caught loading your clip on the g41 and having to run around helplessly because you can't stop. in real life, you can stop the reload process and either switch to a pistol, bash/stab, or just go directly to a sprint an run for cover!!! i mean, in current RO, i seem to always find some people who can stop the reloading process and fire, but that's most likely just an exploit that i've yet to figure out how they do it. anyway, i'd like to see the ability to "stop reload" implimented as a feature in HOS.

Upvote 0
and like craig said need to be able to take it off if you want to.

Its simple dont select autoreload option. You can push your keys if you want.

I know that casual players dont read forum but I am sure that they like it. My idea is good for beginers - players whitch buy new HOS game. It should help them to polish fighting skills. RO got lot of important keys whitch require lot of training.

But its hard to explain it if you got reply only from skilled players. You can tell them that option is selectable, but they always talking about reloading while you need mele range of your weapon ...

Upvote 0
Its simple dont select autoreload option. You can push your keys if you want.

I know that casual players dont read forum but I am sure that they like it. My idea is good for beginers - players whitch buy new HOS game. It should help them to polish fighting skills. RO got lot of important keys whitch require lot of training.

I think we should have an auto-aimbot as a selectable option too. You know, to help newer players. If you don't like it, it's simple, just turn it off. :rolleyes:

See where we're coming from? It's a crutch.

Upvote 0
Very bad example, lot of riflemans shoot from safe-medium range distance. Melee killing is very rare

See all those stabs you see ingame . . they aint from an SMG :rolleyes:

Rifles are very agressive if used correctly. 1 shot 1 kill. What about a semi rifle, they are awesome close combat weapons, some even have bayo and all can bash.

And btw I am a casual gamer as are most people. . . . I just happen to have a different play style to you.

Yes being a selectable option would be a must, but it really isnt a cruch as much of a hinderance to any player. We should have a 1v1 and see which works. I would simply find out you use autoreload, strafe alot and bash you when you are forced to reload (and theres NOTHING you could do becuase the computer has decided you are reloading :D)

Last edited:
Upvote 0