• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server RCON Tool ?

To my understanding the keyword is "remote" ;)

UE2+ game servers run http servers also for remote admin, removing the need to make binaries. Just give them the url and login info.

Maybe I read the question wrong. When I think of 'rcon', I think of being able to remotely admin a server from your console while in-game.

Of course, then there's WebAdmin, which is very handy.

If those two don't do the job, then I don't know what you're looking for.

Upvote 0
Is there an RCON Tool of any kind for Killing Floor ?

You can add extra Admins using the WebAdmin interface, if you haven't already done so here's how (stop the server first) :

Got to this section of the .ini and change the highlighted lines:

[Engine.GameInfo]
GoreLevel=2
MaxSpectators=2
MaxPlayers=16
AutoAim=1.000000
GameSpeed=1.000000
bChangeLevels=True
bStartUpLocked=False
bNoBots=False
bAttractAlwaysFirstPerson=False
NumMusicFiles=13
bEnableStatLogging=False
HUDType=Engine.Hud
MaxLives=0
TimeLimit=0
GoalScore=0
GameStatsClass=IpDrv.MasterServerGameStats
SecurityClass=UnrealGame.UnrealSecurity
AccessControlClass=Engine.AccessControl
VotingHandlerType=xVoting.xVotingHandler

Change this to:

AccessControlClass=XAdmin.AccessControlIni

Restart the server, but please note that when you login to the WebAdmin, the username and password will both be changed to "Admin"
You will then be able to add extra Admins, adjust their privs. and of course change your own username and password to whatever you like.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You can add extra Admins using the WebAdmin interface, if you haven't already done so here's how (stop the server first) :

Got to this section of the .ini and change the highlighted lines:

[Engine.GameInfo]
GoreLevel=2
MaxSpectators=2
MaxPlayers=16
AutoAim=1.000000
GameSpeed=1.000000
bChangeLevels=True
bStartUpLocked=False
bNoBots=False
bAttractAlwaysFirstPerson=False
NumMusicFiles=13
bEnableStatLogging=False
HUDType=Engine.Hud
MaxLives=0
TimeLimit=0
GoalScore=0
GameStatsClass=IpDrv.MasterServerGameStats
SecurityClass=UnrealGame.UnrealSecurity
AccessControlClass=Engine.AccessControl
VotingHandlerType=xVoting.xVotingHandler

Change this to:

AccessControlClass=XAdminAccessControlIni

Restart the server, but please note that when you login to the WebAdmin, the username and password will both be changed to "Admin"
You will then be able to add extra Admins, adjust their privs. and of course change your own username and password to whatever you like.

I have followed these instructions and my webadmin has not changed. The admin button on the top is not clickable

Upvote 0
The main Admin's options are not changeable (except for the password),because all those options are already enabled for whoever is the main Admin.
You can add other Admins etc. in the options below that.

It should look like this (sorry about the size)

2009-07-30_212928.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't use in-game admin commands myself (too many typos), i prefer to have the Webadmin running on my desktop, and make any changes using that.
So i don't know whether changing a setting using an in-game command would take preference over this or not, but i assume that it would.
I don't actually use the Admins and Groups section of the WebAdmin, since i am the only person allowed to make changes on my server, so i might not be able to help, if their are any problems with that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well i figured out how to set up admins and groups, but in game admin does not work.

For example, lets say my old password was yellow. In game i would type "adminlogin yellow" and it would log me in as admin. Now that i set up admins individually, i have a different password for my username, and that does not work, same with the old one. Does anybody know how to fix this, or should i just have admins stick to the webadmin

Upvote 0