• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So I rewatched the Resident Evil movie the other day...

The Fortune

Grizzled Veteran
May 16, 2009
I still wish to see an RE movie that is a faithful adaptation of the first and second games as opposed to Hollywood butchering the concept for bad sequels. Anyways, I guess if I had to choose between the films already out there, the first is the only one really worth watching. The rest are pretty forgettable.

Heh, I have a S.T.A.R.S wallet sitting right across from me, a birthday present from my friend because she knows how much I like Resident Evil. The first three games are easily my favourite and personally I think the best zombie games out there. I'm a huge fan and I know exactly what you mean about the films... but I still appreciate them for what they are. They're enjoyable to watch... plus I have a thing for Milla Jovovich, so you know.

Upvote 0
I still want to see a RE movie that doesn't completely suck. 1,2,and 3 were all horrible in my opinion. being a huge RE fan since the release of RE 1 for play station i cant say there were any parts of any of the 3 movies that were any good. To be completly honost I think Resident evil degeneration was better then all 3 of them put together. It is just frustrating how they feel the need to take an amazing story line and completely do a 360 with the plot just because they think it will be more entertaining and would sell more. I feel you could of just taken a couple no name actors and had them act out the first 2 resident evil games and it would of been gold but then again i am only looking at it through the eyes of a RE fan. I guess to someone who has never played the games Milla Jovovich running around kicking the crap out of zombies would seem like a cool concept, but they shouldn't of called it resident evil because it is a disgrace to the name. Also its sad that they plan on putting out a 4th RE i just don't understand why they keep putting these movies out..... who watches them.... i do not know one person (especially one who is a RE game fan) that likes any of those movies...but... milla jovovich is hot and is killing stuff.. so i get it. Lets focus on having a quote on quote hot movie star do a lot of action and killing scenes who cares if the story line sucks because people will watch it anyway because it is called resident evil. blah enough ranting from me, this line of movies is bad and makes me wanna club baby seals.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I still wish to see an RE movie that is a faithful adaptation of the first and second games as opposed to Hollywood butchering the concept for bad sequels. Anyways, I guess if I had to choose between the films already out there, the first is the only one really worth watching. The rest are pretty forgettable.

Well, George Romero, the inventor of the modern zombie movie, was originally going to direct and had already written a script (which is available on the internet if you look) that was actually based on the game, but Capcom rejected it and that hack Anderson ended up directing it.

Yeah, it would be nice to see a Resident Evil movie that has something significant to do with the games.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I still want to see a RE movie that doesn't completely suck. 1,2,and 3 were all horrible in my opinion.

One was mildly entertaining in a cheesy movie sort of way. Two was terrible and I didn't even bother seeing three, since from the trailers, it looked worse than two.

The sad thing is that it seems like the recent games have gone the route of the movies (mindless action, gratuitous slow-mo, etc). Kind of like how Silent Hill: Homecoming seemed to be more inspired by the Silent Hill movie (which was actually good), than the previous Silent Hill games.

Upvote 0
Well... as a huge RE fan since...half of the age I am now, I can say I honestly enjoy the Resi Evil movies, as long as I don't think of them as Resident Evil, which is a shame because the faux police guy really looked like Chris Redfield.

Degeneration was good, but I hate what they've done to Leon since Resi 4, although an enjoyable game, it just wasn't the Resident Evil I grew up with and that's not Leon.

To be honest I think the series strong point was Resi 2 and Resi 3, those were how zombie survival horror games should be, maybe not in gameplay but definitely in atmosphere, story and enviroment.

There's only really one scene in the film that is Resident Evil.

YouTube - Resident Evil Ending

Upvote 0
Heh, I have a S.T.A.R.S wallet sitting right across from me, a birthday present from my friend because she knows how much I like Resident Evil. The first three games are easily my favourite and personally I think the best zombie games out there. I'm a huge fan and I know exactly what you mean about the films... but I still appreciate them for what they are. They're enjoyable to watch... plus I have a thing for Milla Jovovich, so you know.

Yeah, I have a Kevin Ryman cosplay R.P.D. uniform somewhere, haha. Milla is a pretty good actress when she is in the right role, although she didn't help the atrocity that was Ultraviolet.

Speaking of RE movies, you guys hear that Anderson is back at it again with Afterlife?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1220634/

Upvote 0