• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-DOOMed-Beta

Pectabyte.com

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Here is a beta of my first map "Doomed" beta. I just entered it into the Killing floor map contest. Check it out and tell me what you think.

Description:
Contact with this research base was lost sixteen hours ago. Your team is to infiltrate the facility and look for survivors. Tread lightly...

NOTES: This map was heavily inspired by E1M1 from the original DOOM. It has been heavily modified in its design and game play.

Download Here

Shot00015.jpg

Shot00016.jpg

Shot00019.jpg

This is a great map, I really like how you reimagined Doom e1m1 to fit in with the Killing Floor theme and added some new elements as well. I am concerned that there are a bit too many weapons lying around which makes it too easy to get money. Also I think it would be better to have some vents or something in the last room outside the second merchant so that simply camping that door isn't such an effective strategy. Otherwise I really like it and it's a great remake of Doom e1m1! Please update it and get it whitelisted soon!

Upvote 0
I am concerned that there are a bit too many weapons lying around which makes it too easy to get money. Also I think it would be better to have some vents or something in the last room outside the second merchant so that simply camping that door isn't such an effective strategy.

Yeah I think I'll cut down on the number of weapons. Camping that room inst very effective in later waves with a bunch of players as the harder monsters will stack up and become a wall of pain once that door comes down. I'll play test a little more and see what I can do. Thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0
whats up with people having bright long spotlight kinda lights on the ground from the tubelights? makes no sense at all. I thought tube lights gave out soft light as opposed to a bright spotlight. This isn't the first map i've seen this in. Other than that map looks very nice. also took a peek at ur site, some nice shots of the bridge.

Upvote 0
This is a great looking map with excellent atmosphere.

However, it needs more spawns or something to make it HARDER. The paths and spawns, as they are right now, promote camping next to the trader door in the back with the ramp and hole-in-the-ceiling spawns. Overall, it's WAY too easy. Maybe add objects in the long pathways so you can't see the specimens from 5 miles away? Also, maybe make more spawn places? IDK. Find a way to make it harder or at least more exciting than it is right now (most people camp the 2 spawns I mentioned above and specimens don't even have a slight chance...).

Also, fixing the exploits above would be nice.

Upvote 0