• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Outbreak Character Pack Now Available

You see children, there are some people in this world - that are so cheap - so inconsiderate, they feel unhappy if they have to pay more. You see, in this society, it's people like that plummet this world further to its damnation. They don't care that the people behind Tripwire have a family to feed. It's a disease, and a very sick one. They hide behind their reason of "OH THIS IS USELESS I CAN'T EVEN SEE MY OWN CHARACTER ANYWAYS, I ALSO PAID $20 FOR THIS GAME AND I SHOULD NOT PAY MORE!" That's just a cover up. People that think like that disgust me.

Upvote 0
I bought the DLC Content Pack and I personally love it 2$ is a fair price AND supports the very game we all love, however I do wish later on the same sort of content be added for free but only obtained by achievments. ( Simmilar to TF2 ) new weapon drops or character unlocks... meh... just a random thought... but I am stoked for Foundry guys! keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, kids who live only from their pocket-money might honestly not have 2 bucks to spare. It's laughable for a normal person to even start a discussion about something that is purely optional and only costs 2 bucks and is only meant to support the devs, but there are people out there (especially kids) who just don't have the money. And when they talk the content down they do it more for themselves to justify why they won't buy it, diverting from the fact that they would buy it if they had the two bucks.

No offense to people who have other reason not to buy it. I just think the majority of them are teenagers without money.

Upvote 0
Well, kids who live only from their pocket-money might honestly not have 2 bucks to spare. It's laughable for a normal person to even start a discussion about something that is purely optional and only costs 2 bucks and is only meant to support the devs, but there are people out there (especially kids) who just don't have the money. And when they talk the content down they do it more for themselves to justify why they won't buy it, diverting from the fact that they would buy it if they had the two bucks.

No offense to people who have other reason not to buy it. I just think the majority of them are teenagers without money.

I 100% agree same concept applies to people who will bash on someones new Computer or Cellphone (etc.) and say that the model sucks or some other lame excuse purley out of jealousy of not having it and as a defense to not let that jealousy show.

I'm not implying that people are jealous of others with the DLC Content Pack =P but hopefully you get the point.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Haven't played the game much since I pre-ordered it. Went ahead and picked up the DLC anyway though since, well, it's $2, and I gotta say, those new skins look damned cool. For the price of a Java Monster, I can't complain. When you see corporate giants like EA releasing 10-20 pieces of pay DLC for games like Tiger Woods day and date that the game comes out ($7.50 for a single course, really?), $2 seems like not really a choice at all.

Thanks for the continued support for KF and OP Tripwire, you guys most definitely rock.

Upvote 0
for you guys who say its only 2 bucks. if its only 2 bucks then why dont you just buy it for the ppl complaining. i mean.. its just 2 bucks, no? you can just go in your couch like one of you said and find the change and prolly get the 2. get some free karma points. :p

the skins loko cool... in particular the worker does. but i cant get it cause even if i had the 2 bucks on me id probably spend it on gas. :p every little bit counts.

Upvote 0
for you guys who say its only 2 bucks. if its only 2 bucks then why dont you just buy it for the ppl complaining. i mean.. its just 2 bucks, no? you can just go in your couch like one of you said and find the change and prolly get the 2. get some free karma points. :p

the skins loko cool... in particular the worker does. but i cant get it cause even if i had the 2 bucks on me id probably spend it on gas. :p every little bit counts.

Does the worker one mean the guy wih the welding mask, if it does, YAY!

Upvote 0
They shouldn't have added a stormtrooper (I know its not what a stormtrooper look like) they knew perfectly well all the nubs would be him, I guess its like a badge for noob though :p

DJ Scully is currently the noob badge... Also, he looks less like a stormtrooper than he does one of the Combine from Half-Life 2 if yoou really look at him...

Upvote 0
When I first saw on the main menu as you would call it, That the new DLC was out and was able to click it to buy it, Without a second thought I opened up steam, bought it for $2 and was happy, The only thought that had gone through my mind was "I hope they bring out more stuff like this, for this price." Knowing that I had put my money into something that I know I would get a lil' kick out of.

Also one other thing to put into this little debate we are having here, that has been pointed out countless times, If it is such a problem for TWI to bring out a "Optional" DLC for a measaly price, Why have such a go at them for it, I say good on them, There trying to make some money, Isn't one of the main reasons we get a job, To get paid and feed the family.

For the amount of play time this game has and will give me, it's worth it knowing that it's going to bring me further joy in game and for future gaming of it.

-Viral

Upvote 0
Why have such a go at them for it, I say good on them, There trying to make some money, Isn't one of the main reasons we get a job, To get paid and feed the family.
-Viral

Maybe I'm just old school and won't accept the new business models. I just think that when I pay for something that should be the end of it. Especially when I was never aware that further content would cost money. I don't like the fact that games are turning into a money pit and its even harder to swallow given that these "DLC's" used to be called patches. Yes, thats right, patches used to contain content other than bug fixes (which btw, whoever says we should appreciate we're not paying for free bug fixes is a moron).

Make the game complete to begin with. Charge what you want for it and thats it. If you want to add more content to thank your fans and drum up awareness for your next game, awesome! But dont charge me for it. I paid for the game months ago.

And finally, for the I dont even now how manieth time, yet I'm still positive some jackass is going to mention it, its not about the $2. It could be a penny. Stop being suckers gamers. Respect the dollar and the devs will respect you.

Upvote 0
Maybe I'm just old school and won't accept the new business models. I just think that when I pay for something that should be the end of it. Especially when I was never aware that further content would cost money. I don't like the fact that games are turning into a money pit and its even harder to swallow given that these "DLC's" used to be called patches. Yes, thats right, patches used to contain content other than bug fixes (which btw, whoever says we should appreciate we're not paying for free bug fixes is a moron).

Make the game complete to begin with. Charge what you want for it and thats it. If you want to add more content to thank your fans and drum up awareness for your next game, awesome! But dont charge me for it. I paid for the game months ago.

And finally, for the I dont even now how manieth time, yet I'm still positive some jackass is going to mention it, its not about the $2. It could be a penny. Stop being suckers gamers. Respect the dollar and the devs will respect you.

hey would it be possible if you came to work at my warehouse for a few years? one check of $19.99 should be enough for about 2 or 3 years right?

Upvote 0

Like said before, nobody is forcing you to pay for it, you can play the game as it was before without paying

and you are still getting bug fixes and FREE CONTENT (remember, ak, katana, foundry?)

and no cosmetic oopttional DLCs were never considered patches, patch actualy means fix which includes, bug, exploit and glitch fixes

Also compani doesnt even owe you that, when you pay for the game, you get a license to play what was there when you paid for it

so, you lose NOTHING if you dont buy characters, also they dont get any advantage in the game at all, unless your jealousy at them having different skins affects your gameplay, but than that is YOUR personall issue and you should seek a psychiatrist

Upvote 0