• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How important is it for you with money in this game?

Nuke

Jun 27, 2009
There are two types of people that irk me in games:

- Asking for money on wave 4 or below....
- Asking for money after you die wave after wave within 10 seconds...

For the former, you shouldnt need to worry about money, and even later waves you might not have anything so here is a tip. Just help the team by being near them, this doesnt mean sacrificing yourself, you can still down plenty of weaker mobs and get the team to help with the scrakes and fp.

For the latter, if you die that many times, you should just play on an easier difficulty, or just spectate and wait for next game.

What I want to know is how important money is in this game? I only find it important to have a decent weapon on wave 6 onwards, but not 'everyone' needs to be equipping laws and hs, and even chainsaws. As long as 2 or more wield these weapons you should be ok for suicidal even.

This is one of the reasons why I leveled berserker to level 5 first. You get a free chainsaw when you spawn. Next wave you switch to whatever class you want and sell the chainsaw for some disposable income. The only time anyone should ask for money is if they join the game just before the patriarch. Usually people are more than willing to make it rain all over the place at that point anyways.

Upvote 0
Money in your pocket left over at trader time is very poor investment and strongly not recommended. Your return on investment will always be higher if you empty your pockets to your fellow gamers during shopping. They'll get armor and bigger guns improving all of your chances for survival during the next harder incoming level. Anything you can do to increase your return is infinitly better than having a low returns cash asset sitting on your balance sheet doing nothing.

Upvote 0
Anything you can do to increase your return is infinitly better than having a low returns cash asset sitting on your balance sheet doing nothing.

Very true, but if you know the investment is going to be wasted almost instantly, would you blow the money on someone who is going to die almost instantly holding a syringe or save up for a bigger gun in the next trader stage?

Upvote 0
even if I have 12k I wont give ANYTHING to someone who wants to buy LAW

HS is also unneeded

at least half the team should have either a bullpup or chainsaw

basicaly 2 chainsaws and maybe a bullpup is a must later on

hunting shotguns arent even needed

bullpup easily kills everything except scrakes, sometimes FPS

chainsaw kills everything except sirens and crawlers, but you should have a gun for that

normal zombies are easily massacred by chainsaws, shotguns, bullpups, and even single 9mm

what is important in later waves is having armour and enough AMMO

whatever weapon you have will work

TBH crossbows and hunting shotguns are just a waste till patriarch, unless you want to kill FPs and scrakes far awa with xbow, while hunting shotgun is useless, you are better off with chainsaw for those scrakes and FPs and shotgun works better for other zombies

basicaly you dont even need specials until patriarch except flamethrowers

Upvote 0
Most of the time, I find a weapon and a vest on the first wave. With only clots and a few gorefast/bloats to worry about, there's plenty of time to search the map for goods.

I never asks for money. If I can't reach the shop in time or afford a gun, I see it as an opportunity to get headshots with the pistol and level up my sharpshooter perks.

People are so dumb, they always rush to the weapon shop with empty pockets instead of looking around for weapons on the ground. If I die, the first thing I do is go back to get my weapon where I died before hitting the shop.

Just yesterday, after a really tough round on Manor, 4 out of 6 players died . Everybody was asking for money while their weapons from the previous rounds were still lying around outside the shop; chainsaws, flamethrower, crossbow...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
even if I have 12k I wont give ANYTHING to someone who wants to buy LAW

HS is also unneeded

at least half the team should have either a bullpup or chainsaw

basicaly 2 chainsaws and maybe a bullpup is a must later on

hunting shotguns arent even needed

bullpup easily kills everything except scrakes, sometimes FPS

chainsaw kills everything except sirens and crawlers, but you should have a gun for that

normal zombies are easily massacred by chainsaws, shotguns, bullpups, and even single 9mm

what is important in later waves is having armour and enough AMMO

whatever weapon you have will work

TBH crossbows and hunting shotguns are just a waste till patriarch, unless you want to kill FPs and scrakes far awa with xbow, while hunting shotgun is useless, you are better off with chainsaw for those scrakes and FPs and shotgun works better for other zombies

basicaly you dont even need specials until patriarch except flamethrowers

I disagree with your assessment with the following weapons:

Hunting Shotgun: I have seen some users with this gun as lvl 3+ support destroy Scrakes and FP likes nobodies business. So this gun is useful, it was nerfed a bit but from what I saw during Biotec labs and also on Office HS isnt so bad as people make it out to be. Its like saying Support was OP'd before, it never was in Suicidal.

Crossbow: It is actually the most cost efficient weapon in the game, if you sell and rebuy the weapon when you use all its ammo its actually cheaper than buying a LAR.

Flamethrower: Not as good as a Bullpup I must admit but it does good damage, and its now imo very ammo efficient than before. I seem to use all my ammo as a lvl 3 commando with a bullpup than I do with a lvl 3 firebug with a flamethrower.

The only thing I can agree with you is the LAW, what this weapon needs is an ability to stun all speciments excluding the patriarch. Damage needs a bit of an upgrade imo, because most specimens on suicidal can take more than 1 law. So its not feasible here for LAW to be so weak, and perhaps the blast radius be bigger so that it becomes more useful.

Although the Chainsaw and the Bullpup are great weapons I dont think its 'mandatory' that the whole team has these 2 weapons. I dont think its 'required' to have these weapons so long as you can kill alot of speciments with ANY weapon that is fine.

Upvote 0
Hunting shotgun is extremely useful if you play support. At level 4 support you can carry the normal shotgun as well as the hunting shotgun. You would mainly be using the normal shotgun, but the hunting shotgun can be a life saver. It is a good last resort weapon before you get overwhelmed. It gives you a few seconds of breathing room to reload which can mean life or death.

Upvote 0
A level 2 support can already carry both HS and normal shotgun I think, I'm not sure though if not the lowest level a SS can carry both is 3.

And the HS is a great weapon if you're overwhelmed on a higher level SS. Middle mouse click and most of the room is cleared if you've funneled the enemies into the hallway. You don't seem to have any clue of how certain weapons should be used emotion because I disagree with you completely just on premise of how I've seen efficient people use the weapons you're railing.

EDIT: Also, I seriously doubt you've ever ended up with 12k in the game. Even in later waves as a 'Zerker on suicidal buying only armor and 'nades have I EVER gotten that much.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When I play lvl 5 support I normally have a lot of money on me because I'll funnel the zombies to me and unload with my regular shotgun and save the HS for the bigger things. I'll grab a HS if I have enough money after the 2nd or 3rd wave, until I have full armor and ammo I don't give any away but I can end a game with 6k and will either buy a bunch of guns at the end or throw it around to everyone.

Upvote 0
I'm happy with money as long as i have enough to buy armour each round and full ammo, i agree about it being stupid to ask for money on early waves. At later waves i think it's fine because people usually have upwads of 1000 by that point.

Also, the post above mine: I couldn't agree more.

This pretty much.

All I need is armor, some ammo and my bullpup and I'm right as rain.

Sometimes I splurge and buy Handcannons in case a Scrake gets too close. I usually wait until I have 800+ cash before doing that though since Lady Luck is sometimes cruel and I get caught by multiple FPs or something and my investment in a fancy handgun goes down the tubes.

Upvote 0