• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Mafia II - Megathread

Tbh, the original Mafia wasn't a gameplay behemoth either and it was mostly the atmosphere that drew players in. The setting, the characters, the story and how well the missions tied into it, the evolving city... Sure, the gameplay wasn't bad either, but it also wasn't outstanding and I doubt they will screw it up so bad that it manages to taint the rest of the game in Mafia II.

Upvote 0
Why? Vice City is probably one of the funniest games there is short of pure comedy games. A little too derivative of certain Brian De Palma movies at times maybe, but all in all it's very funny. The radio stations alone make it worth playing.

Yeah the radio stations and adverts have always been good in the GTA series, but they can only counter so much 'dumbing down' of the game before it just gets a bit too bland for all but the the blind morons. While I havent played vice city I have played #3, Sa, Gta4 and i would have to say GTA 4 was an improvement in graphics alone over SA. It just felt like the things they added from 3 to SA were an improvement, while SA to GTA4 is better graphics but nothing else...

As to movies ... the moment I heard that 'italien' accent I thought of the Godfather...:D

Upvote 0