• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Does setting a BlockingVolume's bClassBlocker to True make it exclusive?

IrritAnt

Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2009
Not a great thread title I know. Let me explain.

In my level (KF-Refuge) there are tents. The tents are static meshes.

For reasons I wont go into, I've disabled the mesh's collision and placed a BlockingVolume over the top.

Currently the BlockingVolume only blocks the player and the AI. I want it to block grenades and rockets as well.

To do that I planned to toggle bClassBlocker to True and then add Grenades and Rockets to the bBlockedClasses list.

BUT if I do that, does that mean that the volume will ONLY block those classes, or will it block other classes PLUS whatever's in the bBlockedClasses list? Is it inclusive or exclusive?

It only blocks what is listed there then. I suppose it would add them if you could just select stuff, but sicne you have to make it a class-blocker first by setting that to true you disable anything but the classes you add.
I'm fairly certain you can use two BlockingVolumes over each-other though, one blocking classes and the other blocking everything else you need.

Upvote 0