• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Indoor Sound Reverb

This could make grenades more effective indoors. Currently you can throw a grenade in a room, and the enemy can simply hide behind a crate or something and survive, then pepper you with bullets when you enter. It would make grenades a lot more useful for room-clearing if the grenade blast could momentarily stun any occupents that it didn't kill; for example ringing and blurred vision that takes about 3 seconds to fade.

Upvote 0
This could make grenades more effective indoors. Currently you can throw a grenade in a room, and the enemy can simply hide behind a crate or something and survive, then pepper you with bullets when you enter. It would make grenades a lot more useful for room-clearing if the grenade blast could momentarily stun any occupents that it didn't kill; for example ringing and blurred vision that takes about 3 seconds to fade.
Would be nice if something like that was implemented. The German Stiel grenade was based on stunning the enemy I believe.

Upvote 0
yeah cool idea and with that, it COULD BE REALLY GREAT TO if we could just return a grenade to its launcher (if there is enough time to do it). An other thing, imagine 4 russians in a room and a german solider throws a nice nade through a window, one soldier sacrifices himself for keeping his kamrades alive lying on it ! SO his body absorbs all the energy with a little blur only for the survivors ?

Upvote 0
yeah cool idea and with that, it COULD BE REALLY GREAT TO if we could just return a grenade to its launcher (if there is enough time to do it). An other thing, imagine 4 russians in a room and a german solider throws a nice nade through a window, one soldier sacrifices himself for keeping his kamrades alive lying on it ! SO his body absorbs all the energy with a little blur only for the survivors ?

Do you think having grenades actually send out shrapnel as well as a blast would be possible in the game?

I suggested all of these ideas also XD

Upvote 0
I seriously doubt that a grenade shrapnel is lethal at 100 meters, because I know for a fact that a modern 81mm mortar round shrapnel is effective up to 150 meters.

According to a quick wikipedia check, the soviet F1 grenade could be thrown on average between 30-45m, had a lethal radius of 30m, and could wound out to 200m.

So if you throw one as far as you can, it may kill you, will definitely wound you. Between 30m and 200m away from the grenade and you may get wounded; obviously the chance and severity of the wound would decrease with distance. And closer than 30m to the grenade without cover and you will almost certainly die.

Upvote 0