• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

hit points and adjusting sights

skittlesareyum47

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
for the blindeness part, im dumb

now for adjusting the sights it is realistic and im not thinking it is a bad idea. but can it get confusing? wha ti mean is, how ca nu really tell distace in gmaes. its different than in real life. can there just be a tutorial video for doing this that comes with the game please?

Last edited:
i read the "The ROHOS PCgamer-US article [legal PDF]" posted by Zetsumei it showed how if u get hit in the eye socket u get instant blindness. i can understand shrapnel but if bulletes apply, then this is the stupidest thing ive ever heard.if u get shot in the eye with a bullet, u will die, it doesnt ust stop in ur eye it wil lgo int our brain, and kill u. and will u stil lbe alive with the blindness? half the ideas for this hitpoint system or w.e. its called is pretty bad and im sorry to say it. the lung idea is pretty bad and the eye thing is just terrible.
It says "Instant Death" right above where it describes the effect of instant black screen.

Upvote 0
Head shot just means that you're instantly dead without a suffering period. Youre hit and dead, you cant see when dead so a black screen, when hit in the lung you are not dead immediately you will die a moment later from drowning in your own blood.

They just want to say they made the different ways between living and dying taking away the instant death at some points when while certain to die you can live a little longer. When shot in the heart or head you just pretty much instandly die.

Upvote 0
no, it allready has been stated that RO:HoS will feature adjustable sights

No, I mean that you have to set your sights MANUALLY, rather than, say, pick a target, hit a button, and your character decides how far the enemy is. RO had weapons with adjustable sights, tank guns, Panzerfausts, etc. You could zero in the sights to a variety of ranges, but you had to eyeball those ranges yourself and set accordingly. Hopefully they'll follow that model.

Upvote 0
auto-range finding is like auto-aim... not good

agreed completely.

Edit: I think that at the ranges most fighting happens, the difference made by adjusting the sights will be negligible. I think that it's only at long range engagements where sight adjustments will become necessary, and in that situation it's not like a close quarters battle where you have to react instantly; you have time to take cover and set your sights.

Basically what I'm saying that for most fighting you can pretty much just leave your sights set at 50 or 100m, and you won't have to compensate too much. If you're going for long range shots then you're going to want to adjust your sights.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As for the adjustable sights, i think it will be a button that automatic the range to where you are aiming, but will take a little time to do so.

In real life u also have a magic button showing what range is? Big NO for that. There are not any obstacles to do it by self. I guess it will works like in RO1. Good example here are long range tank battles in RO or DarkestHour.

I'm glad to hear about manual adjusting sights, that was what i was missing in RO1. :) So if we will get adjustable sights, i can smell big map w/ open ranges, like 300m, 500m and 1000m ;)

About injuries, what do you about possibility to be blind after get hit in some occurrence? When you are close to die, u can't see nothing, only darkness.

Upvote 0
i dont want auto sight adjusting as normally you set it at one distance and keep it at that and under or overcompensate. Depending on the map or attack you can set it now.

Personally i like to aim slightly under the target where it will then hit at the target so ending up a little higher than where i aim. aka setting the range higher than the distance. This way the sights will block my view less.

Upvote 0