• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Request for 'Assumed' New Weapons

Maul

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 17, 2009
Hoping to get some community help here.
Just want to vocalise what I hope TWI has the common sense to do with the weapons that we've all seen now in the editor. Now I'm well aware that for all we the community are aware these were ideas at one point that never came to fruition before the release and aren't going to be worked on further.
I have a simple request. A very simple one, and a logical one as well.
The reasons behind the requested actions are obvious, I won't be spelling them out.

M70 Grenade launcher: Fire Incendiary grenades exclusively; and be a Firebug weapon.

AK-47: Commando weapon, make it more unique than a slightly different fire pattern. Couldn't give a damn about realism; this is a zombie game. :rolleyes:

Anyone who agree with the simple and logical request post here in support. I don't really believe that these forums serve as anything more than a septic-tank for whining losers, but since this is the only real official forums I'll take my chance and hope that this request is read by Tripwire and made a reality.

Hm

Hm

Well been one of the people suggesting the AK so stand by that.

The grenade launcher dunno. I think making it a splash damage weapon and that it shoots normal grenades is fine, firebug enhancing it would make sense. Personally feel the LAW needs to do a lot more single target damage, right now it's a splash damage weapon and not spectacular at that. If the grenade launcher was added, it could be the splash damage explosive weapon and maybe LAW could be changed to high target single damage with a little splash. That would be my suggestion on these two weapons.

Upvote 0
Okay, but if you get a logical request, so shall I.

I want a weapon for the medic class. Ever since the TWI team took out the 'kiting' option, the medic class has been practically useless besides the free armor.

I suggest a simple weapon, a weapon in the 'SMG' category. An MP5, TEC 9, etc., would work.

Upvote 0
M70 Grenade launcher: Fire Incendiary grenades exclusively; and be a Firebug weapon.
My initial reaction is No for reasons that are obvious to me so I won't spell them out. Convince me by spelling out your obvious reasons please.

AK-47: Commando weapon, make it more unique than a slightly different fire pattern. Couldn't give a damn about realism; this is a zombie game. :rolleyes:
I don't really see how the existence of specimen has an impact on anything else in the game's universe but seeing how the rest of the game is tailored for fast-paced arcade action I can see how the new weapons could deviate from their real counterparts as well and feel cohesive to the rest of the equipment. What I really don't see because my crystalball is a little clouded is what exactly you have in mind when you say "make it more unique than a slightly different fire patter". Your saying you couldn't give a damn about realism indicates that you want it to have some properties that are not found on the real AK but that alone isn't really definitive enough for me to support the idea. For all I know you could be requesting that it shoots gladiator-nets. If that's what it is you request you, of course, have my full support.

Upvote 0