• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Updated Again!

[TW]schneidzekk

Machete Engineering.
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
ATL
www.tripwireinteractive.com
A non required update for Killing Floor has been released for both Windows and Linux dedicated servers. This update fixes an issue with perks sometimes not being accumulated on whitelisted maps, and sometimes accumulating on non-whitelisted maps. Additionally, the update adds many more custom maps to the whitelist of maps which will allow perk earning. This update is automatically applied for clients.

We have discovered an issue with the optional Killing Floor dedicated server update that was released a few minutes ago. Due to this we have had to revert this update. So if you already updated you’re server with the July 9th update (today), then please re-update your server. This will revert your server to the previous (working) version. Clients will automatically be reverted.

Oh, dear. Would this be why my commando did not update on solo a few minutes ago on KF-Farm (Official TWI map, no mutator)? No biggie, tho, but I was worried for a second there was something wrong with whitelists.

EDIT:

I also had this happen on KF-Junk (solo, whitelisted, no mutator).
I did play KF-OldeTower-beta1 (solo, whitelisted, no mutator) as well, but I didn't check the perk progress on that.

I just literally started the game and played only on those 3 maps, but got no perk advancement.
Could there be a file version mismatch due to the revert that makes the servers / game think I am using a cheat, mutator or a non-whitelisted map?

EDIT2:
Also KF-Office did not update once, but exiting the game and restarting seemed to fix it.

Whatever it was, it seems to appear random. Works okay for now. *yawn* Maybe I should get some sleep.
Maybe I am seeing things... It is almost 4 AM again x_x

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dunno what you Tripwire boys did, but currently there are leveling servers with PERK PROGRESS ENABLED right now... Someone must've noticed it and spread the word because the perk-farmers are in a feeding frenzy at the moment! They're all over the server browser. This update appears to have really screwed the pooch. Fix ASAP, please...

Upvote 0
Has anyone noticed anything wrong with perk progress when using mutators? I've just played a game using the Poundamonium! mutator, and despite having killed over 200 Flesh Pounds my fire damage didn't go up at all. I hadn't previously been using sandbox mode or any un-whitelisted map, I just used standard beginner/medium settings on West London.

Upvote 0
Has anyone noticed anything wrong with perk progress when using mutators? I've just played a game using the Poundamonium! mutator, and despite having killed over 200 Flesh Pounds my fire damage didn't go up at all. I hadn't previously been using sandbox mode or any un-whitelisted map, I just used standard beginner/medium settings on West London.

Probably a perk server was lagging behind. They sometimes do. Don't be surprised if your damage jumps later...

Upvote 0
Probably a perk server was lagging behind. They sometimes do. Don't be surprised if your damage jumps later...

I don't know if it is the perk server or what, but perks are not updating for me either. I have popped some heads with handcannon and the 9mm and capped a few stalkers with the bullpup, but neither the amount of killed stalkers or headshots has gone up at all today. I have been trying it every couple of hours. Even rebooting the PC did nothing so there must be a problem somewhere. :(

Also: Solo, No mutators used.

Can someone from TWI tell us what is going on?

I still love the game and appreciate the hard work the guys at TWI have put in so far, but I would like to get back to leveling my perks. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That'd make sense if I was still seeing the stats go up in game (I'd expect for them to not show the updated damage when starting a new game if it was as you say), but nothing is happening at all, as if the mutator whitelisting system is broken.

Upvote 0