• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Kf-tch-theddle

THEDDLE

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2009
Well be gentle with me lol. This is my first map I made. It took me about 8 hours to make. Had to teach myself with a little help with the internet. I was almost done and the program crashed. I had one back up however I had just got done doing the lighting and path. I still have a lot to learn. It is a big map. I still have to learn how to doors to weld. Plus where to get the trader character.

This map is fully playable. Enjoy. The difference between the two is lighting.

First ever doing this. Got a ways to go.

THEDDLE 2

THEDDLE

KillingFloor%201.jpg
KillingFloor%202.jpg
KillingFloor%203.jpg
KillingFloor%204.jpg

Last edited:
Hey.

Hey.

I know it is a basic map. I have had a lot of guys enjoy it on the server so far. I have some ideas for it in the future. Just wanted to start a basic and learn the basics. Now I need to work on learning the pretties and other features. I have seen a lot of custom maps more simple getting played a lot. However on my server most of them are the well detailed and graphic ones as you would put it.

Upvote 0
Hey.

Hey.

I made the pics into JPEG. I thought they already where. Did not catch it. made them smaller also. not everyone has a big ole monitor. :D

I still have been working on this map. I have changed the name to Silo-Of-Despair. It has been well received on the server. After I get some ,more work done to it I probably will post it under that name.

Upvote 0
If you believe people are enjoying this map, then it could be that you struck lucky on your actual architecture design. Perhaps you have a good design that works well with Killing Floor. But it needs a theme, detail, use of a lot more different textures, lighting (other than simply having light everywhere) and list could probably go on.

If you think your design is a winner then go ahead and work on the details. It should take you longer than the architecture did. No offense but 8 hours isn't a real long time especially for a beginner. I'm a beginner and I must have spent 20 hours doing tutorials and reading before I even started. I haven't put a map up yet but when I do, I'll make sure it looks good enough to warrant a download.

Upvote 0
Hey.

Hey.

Thank you. I have started a design theme. It is an underground silo. The map you see here was just the first step. I have made lots of changes and have serveral to go. I must be a couple of days into it. I also have an idea for the next map. It has been a fun and learning experience. I am always dinking around learning new things. I would have you check out on my servers however something wrong with gameservers. This is my next stop on the list. I hope to get them back up. Put a support ticket in yesterday.

Upvote 0
Well be gentle with me lol. This is my first map I made. It took me about 8 hours to make. Had to teach myself with a little help with the internet.

For 8 hours of work and very little instruction this is an excellent first map. Learning takes time and putting together a full map with all the bells and whistles like the retail maps could take weeks. Some of us, like myself take a month or more. hehe.

Anyways, great job. Keep building forward.. we need more maps!

Upvote 0
Hey.

Hey.

Yea I know it is. If you read above you can see me say that. They where asking me for pics and how it was going. So I gave them an update. Then I started a new thread. Which I also said I would be updating the links in that one each time. Thanks for checking it out. Some people wanted to know what the original looked like so this is another reason I updated it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0