• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Making a mover usable only when shop is open?

if you want a usable lift then maybe put a door in front of it and have it be a trader door. if you want to move once (maybe the trader is on it) then have the lift activated with the same tag (if that is the right word here) as the activated trader. I don't know anything about the editor but I this seems like it would work.

Upvote 0
mm, maybe using the event of the shop volume, block the mover that you want activate (maybe with a invisible mesh (enable Hidden)) when the shop is openned, the "invisible mesh" will move to another direction, if you want to put a message when it is available, put a scripted trigger tagging with the event of shop volume.

I havent another idea, but it can help you :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The ShopVolume fires an Event and the trader doors react, right?
You could use this event to enable/disable the trigger that triggers your mover.

Give that Trigger the same Events -> Tag as the trader doors and set Object -> InitialState to OtherTriggerToggles and InitiallyActive to False.

(I haven't tried this so I don't know if it works at all and if it does, how buggy it's going to be, but logically it should work)

Upvote 0