• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Environmental interaction, Vaulting over obstacles and breakable windows/beams.

Stiler

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 24, 2005
TN
Just a couple of examples of things I'd love to see in the upcoming game. Being able to vault over small fences/walls and low objects in your way like sandbags and things I think would be nice.

As well as having the ability to break out windows/glass from either our gunfire or by throwing a grenade. In RO and such it can be annoying trying to lob a grenade in a window only for it to bounce off some invisible barrier back at you or something.

Just a couple of examples of things I'd love to see in the upcoming game. Being able to vault over small fences/walls and low objects in your way like sandbags and things I think would be nice.

We already know it's in.

As well as having the ability to break out windows/glass from either our gunfire or by throwing a grenade. In RO and such it can be annoying trying to lob a grenade in a window only for it to bounce off some invisible barrier back at you or something.

While it's rather annoying that the nades don't break the few window panes that can be found on the RO maps (Krasny comes to ming... Is there any other?!), those are hardly invisible... :confused:

Upvote 0
It'd be pretty amazing if TWI did something like Prototype or Assassin's Creed, wherein if you are holding down sprint smaller obstacles are detected and automatically vaulted over. For example, as you hold down sprint and continue going forward, all walls below the navel will be automatically jumped or speed vaulted over (fatigue allowing) and if you approach a chest-high or higher wall at a sprinting speed and press jump, the wall will be mantled quicker than if it were approached at jogging or walking speed. Jump has to be pressed for those because you might want to be taking cover behind said wall, and you don't want to accidentally vault over it instead. :)

Upvote 0