• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics A little Help against Flesh Pounds

Yeah I just tried poundamonium too on hard. 26 decapitations in round 1 knife only. It is possible to decapitate for the hook uppercut attack too (3/26 was those) but it's much harder and I haven't been able to produce it reliably yet.

Chainsaw makes the hook/uppercut decapitation much easier, but it's also very risky because you can easily rage it and die. Better off just going knife and target bow head attack only.

Upvote 0
doesnt affraid of anything. ;)

I set myself up for that one...

Anyway, I tried it too. Sadly, it works. Even online. And the bleed-out from it seems to be far faster than a 'normal' decap on the Fleshie that happens randomly.

In my humble opinion, it's a glitch. I STRONGLY doubt that it was intended to work that way, because it makes the deadliest enemy in the game (Patriarch is a boss, not an enemy) laughable, not just to a certain class (Like Skrakes getting pwnt by Berserkers via Chainsaw stun), but to everyone. I'll run it by the devs via a PM and see what they think.

And it only seems to work in the non-raged state, so in any reasonably populated public game, a moron will rage it while you're trying this and you'll get killed...

I suggest skipping over this nonsense that probably won't exist after the next patch and continue discussing REAL tactics to take down fleshpounds...

Upvote 0
In my humble opinion, it's a glitch.
I doubt it, if you seen the original fleshpound model, he's head was originally surrounded by a metal cage. I figured that the devs wanted to show that it's head is a weakness, except normally it's protected by a cage and is only vulnerable at specific times.

And it only seems to work in the non-raged state
No it works in rage as well, I just did one. My team raged it on me, and I was already on low HP. So I was like faak it, all or nothing. And sure enough took off the head with a bullpup burst. Cancelled his attack too so I managed to get away to heal.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow. Well, the game became a lot less fun all the sudden. Fleshpounds are no challenge... Skrakes are no challenge... It's kinda sad, really, if it's not a glitch...

All the tactics to deal with Fleshpounds rendered useless because of a loophole in the game that makes 'em as easy to kill as a Clot? It was bad enough with the Skrakes (Because I remember them being LETHAL in the origional mod), but with Fleshpounds too? The two most powerful enemies in the game, ones that are supposed to "break up" entrenched squads, are harmless? No offense to the devs, but if this was intentional, the whomever did it needs to rethink this...

A few other players in a game I was playing today knew about this trick and we started using it. We were able to hold the Church in West London for all 10 waves of a Hard game. We only had 1 Support and no one was using a Perk higher than Level 3! The only reason we had to leave the Church was to stock up at the Trader. But we'd go right back in and hold it again. With both Fleshies and Skrakes being useless, the only real threats were Crawlers and Sirens... We never even had a "Close call" (Someone with less than 50% health) with someone the entire time! No one really had fun and after the round, everyone said things along the lines of "This game's gotten boring...too easy..." and left. It was sad and shows that something is seriously wrong...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I set myself up for that one...

Anyway, I tried it too. Sadly, it works. Even online. And the bleed-out from it seems to be far faster than a 'normal' decap on the Fleshie that happens randomly.

In my humble opinion, it's a glitch. I STRONGLY doubt that it was intended to work that way, because it makes the deadliest enemy in the game (Patriarch is a boss, not an enemy) laughable, not just to a certain class (Like Skrakes getting pwnt by Berserkers via Chainsaw stun), but to everyone. I'll run it by the devs via a PM and see what they think.

And it only seems to work in the non-raged state, so in any reasonably populated public game, a moron will rage it while you're trying this and you'll get killed...

I suggest skipping over this nonsense that probably won't exist after the next patch and continue discussing REAL tactics to take down fleshpounds...

regarding the bold part, i can do the same thing as a medic with a knife >.>

dont need to use a chainsaw to get a scrake stun.

Upvote 0
u dont even need melee weapon.. ive stunned it with 9mm

Yeah, I know, but my point is that you can do it even with the weakest weapon in the game, using absolutely no ammo...the Skrake is such a joke. I remember him from the mod days...if he caught you, he'd grab you like a Clot and keep slicing you up. You would only last a few seconds if he got you in his grasp! The only way to get away was have your team kill him or to blast him away with a powerful weapon (Shotgun, Hunting Shotgun). Top this off with the fact that he couldn't be 'stunned' or made to flinch by anything less than a Crossbow/Shotgun shot, and he was vicious.

In Retail, he's slow, can't grab, can't attack-on-the-move, and can be stunned with the 9mm. Skrakes are so gimped that they're pathetic. They're a joke.

Now they seem to have done the same thing with the fleshpound...big, tough, killable in 1-hit.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I know, but my point is that you can do it even with the weakest weapon in the game, using absolutely no ammo...the Skrake is such a joke. I remember him from the mod days...if he caught you, he'd grab you like a Clot and keep slicing you up. You would only last a few seconds if he got you in his grasp! The only way to get away was have your team kill him or to blast him away with a powerful weapon (Shotgun, Hunting Shotgun). Top this off with the fact that he couldn't be 'stunned' or made to flinch by anything less than a Crossbow/Shotgun shot, and he was vicious.

In Retail, he's slow, can't grab, can't attack-on-the-move, and can be stunned with the 9mm. Skrakes are so gimped that they're pathetic. They're a joke.

Now they seem to have done the same thing with the fleshpound...big, tough, killable in 1-hit.

INDEED... That's jsut BS..

Upvote 0
I sandboxed just FP's and tried this about 20 times just now - could only get it 1 time!
So there's a bit of timing and aiming to master.
It's not 'dead easy'... however I can appreciate that once you've got a feel for the timing, it probably is.

Yeah, it's a timing thing. Right when they 'bow' to you, fire. If you watch that video a few times, you can pinpoint the exact moment. Or, failing that, just use a chainsaw on their head (Primary Fire) the second they start the attack animation...

Upvote 0
Yeah, it's a timing thing. Right when they 'bow' to you, fire. If you watch that video a few times, you can pinpoint the exact moment. Or, failing that, just use a chainsaw on their head (Primary Fire) the second they start the attack animation...

I just did couple rounds on solo on easy with only FPs, I've only been able to get it to about 30% of the time for the decap with knife. It's a lot easier with the chainsaw but then again, a lot of those kills were just me mauling them down. I think it's fine the way it is because a lot of the times, the FP will use the left and right hook movement which makes the decap not work or they walk backwards towards you, and swings around to hit you which makes it not work. If you're playing on hard, you can take like 2 of those mistakes before you're dead.

There's is absolutely no point nerfing a Co-op game EVERYONE is trying to win.

Upvote 0
I have to say it is quite hilarious since sometimes if you kill FP with E.G. axe or knife\machete without using that nuke-fleshpound hotspot, others are pretty much starting to call you a 'noob' who doesn't know how to use it.

Makes me wonder which takes more guts: to use it and kill with the snap of your fingers or not to use it and simply kill it without using nuke-fleshpound hotspot. After finishing three waves off on suicidal as medic with poundamanium mutator on on solo, I grew so bored of the trick that I decided not to use it, regardless of difficulty or server.

Upvote 0
I have to say it is quite hilarious since sometimes if you kill FP with E.G. axe or knife\machete without using that nuke-fleshpound hotspot, others are pretty much starting to call you a 'noob' who doesn't know how to use it.

Makes me wonder which takes more guts: to use it and kill with the snap of your fingers or not to use it and simply kill it without using nuke-fleshpound hotspot. After finishing three waves off on suicidal as medic with poundamanium mutator on on solo, I grew so bored of the trick that I decided not to use it, regardless of difficulty or server.

Definitely takes more guts NOT to use it. Not to mention the fact that if someone calls me a noob for not using it, I'll intentionally rage it the next time they try that lame stunt...

Upvote 0
Definitely takes more guts NOT to use it. Not to mention the fact that if someone calls me a noob for not using it, I'll intentionally rage it the next time they try that lame stunt...

Lol I've seen this too, I know I can do it very well but I'm not using it, then ppl starts to call me noob and it feels so good to rage the next fleshpound on them when they try to decap em lol. Hope they learn a lesson

Upvote 0
Lol I've seen this too, I know I can do it very well but I'm not using it, then ppl starts to call me noob and it feels so good to rage the next fleshpound on them when they try to decap em lol. Hope they learn a lesson

Im calling you a noob for raging the FP and let it live. If you rage him on me I'll just decapite him and return the favour later. (YES on hard, can even escape unharmed with a little luck)

Upvote 0