• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server [URGENT!] Deleted files while server running

Flamma

Jun 18, 2009
There were some people on my server a little earlier, but i was adding maps and making changes to killingfloor.ini(nothing major, just the standard procedure when adding a map...) and i didnt want to have to kick everyone or tell them to leave. I thought it would be alright to upload files to the server as long as it doesn't run them before stopping and restarting the server... killingfloor.ini is a ini file, so it only reads once when launching a server and the rom's aren't read if another game is going on...

The problem is, after the players left, i stopped the server and then restarted it... AND NOTHING HAPPENED!! And now it won't start for nothing... it says the server is running, but i can't connect on WebAdmin and i can't find them on my server lists... I need to fix this ASAP!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Can anyone help??

Haha what you should do is not mess with the killingfloor.ini and then at that never delete any maps you have in my opinion to replace them...

Instead any map newer version or not...you should just upload to maps directory/folder and then wait for map change from server then in webadmin under defaults tab add new maps to maplist and save it in the webadmin...

---Stixsmaster

Upvote 0
I found out what was going on... after some research, i read a post by arramus on how to set a dedicated server...

Some server hosts have reported a crash when attempting to launch a second server but were able to run their server successfully after changing the [IpDrv.UdpGamespyQuery] OldQueryPortNumber= to the same increase they used for other ports on their second server.

This crash will only occur if you are copying files for your second server from your existing server that has already launched. If you copy the files from the original server then you'll also need to edit the [IpDrv.UdpGamespyQuery] OldQueryPortNumber from 7717 by the same increment, in my case 7720.

If your second server is a totally clean install then this entry will not have been added to your KillingFloor.ini and will be applied by the same increment automatically once you launch the server.

that was precisely the problem... i have 3 servers on same ip, just different ports.. as the 3 servers have the exact same content with maps etc, i did some changes on 2 of them ini's to put them on the same format(they had i don't know for what reason half of the defaultmaps=.. in the middle of the ini, instead of at the end... so i copied some parts of the "good" ini and pasted on the others, making the right changes... but i didn't pay attention to that OldQueryPortNumber parameter, and they 3 had the same number.

So i fixed the value of this parameter on the 2 broken ini and i also reverted changes to the server, deleting whatever files i uploaded and reinstalling the ones i deleted... Then it came back to life! All i know is i ain't ever changing sh*t with the server running, and as Stixsmaster said, i won't ever delete from the server old files anymore. Just keep them there, as versioning history, and take them out of the map rotation in the WebAdmin...

Thanks you all for the help, and arramus too, although he didn't even know about my issue he helped me pinpointed!

Upvote 0