• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-GothicV1 for KF Tripwire Version

Snipe34

Jun 3, 2009
middle England
Download from: http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/98736

KF GothicV1 Ported from the KF mod. The file is 14meg because the enclosed Gothic Music file is 8meg.

Changes: Only 1 place to hide that I know of, but the Patriarch will find you.
5 traders. The bats are back. Ladder to front portico removed, and new entry to portico added. Spiderwebs love 'em -- thanks to TripWire's fabulous artist! Various texture improvements, but I decided rather than remaking the entire map to leave it. It was popular, and so, ready after porting -- finished and complete, I'll move on to an entirely new map.

gothicSC1.jpg

gothicSC2.jpg

gothicSC3.jpg

gothicSC4.jpg

gothicSC5.jpg

gothicSC6.jpg

This was my first visit to KF-Gothic in any form and it was great fun in there. It'll certainly complement a server rotation. The lighting, layout, and music all make for an eerie and ghostly atmosphere.

There are a few terrain issues that cause bots to get stuck or impedes player movement but these are very limited and should not affect gameplay. A plank static mesh in the house by the main door could do with a little placement adjustment as when the door's closed it looks like it was meant to fit flush with the wall.

The use of emitters and other effects are great and are the icing on the cake.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, this map is kinda boring.

It's unfortunate because otherwise it looks great.

I'm not sure how it can be "fixed" really...

The biggest problem is zombies spawning really far away and taking forever to find a path towards the players, and then taking forever to walk it...

Is there a way to make the specimens spawn closer to the players? It would make the map a lot more interesting...

Upvote 0
It's the concluding, closing, final, ultimate release. There will be no more releases of Gothic by me after this one.

Gothic doesn't fit exactly into the KF's creator's vision of KF, but I was aiming for something shadowy and dark with surprises, and I wasn't sure what. I'm still not, but Gothic was in that direction.

Your feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
More traps would've been good but I couldn't think of any more at the time, xd, but I was struggling learning mapping.

I love the music too, tribute to MadMax!

The cave mouth. I looked around and around it and I'll have a look in the editor, but I can't find the problem you're having.

The secret area is supposed to be shiny. In the pre-ported version there were other effects so that area made more sense, but it all had to go because it was Unreal stuff :(
The l.a.w. I know, but I won't fix it, sorry -- I'll try and make it up to y'all with a better more exciting map in the Gothic style.

Zs spawning far away can be a problem with bigger maps.

Your comments are very useful to me, thanks for taking the time.

Upvote 0