• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Character Customization

I wouldn't. I hate those (mostly free) FPS games out there that let you "TOTALLY CUSTOMIZE YOUR CHARACTERS" even though they call themselves action paced tactical shooters.

You don't CUSTOMIZE yourself in the army. They give you a shirt, some pants and a pair of boots one number smaller/bigger and that's pretty much it. No pretty earigns, no Japanese haircuts and certainly no friggin sun glasses to give you that "way coool, deeewd" factor.

I admit, i wouldn't mind seeing a few more player models, perhaps other type of militant forces, but right now i like the current ones.

Let's just KISS, this isn't a MMO.

Upvote 0
They've got to be coming out with more player models, there are spaces still in the selection.

As for customization, I wouldn't mind like really general customization like choosing the suit (blue police/green military) and then the headgear (helmet, gasmask, visor). Face if it isn't covered.

I still want to see more traders.
The day I buy a LAW from a big burly bearded man drinking Guinness, I will declare this the greatest game EVAR.

Upvote 0
i think it would be cool if you could customize your weapon instead of your character.

like when you goto the trader you could add like a lazer, a scope , different types of ammo,and a silencer so the zombies wouldn't here you and attack players that are making noise
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Great idea. The laser sights are kinda pointless and the silencer is completely pointless, but different scopes and other sorts of attachments that alter gun power and stuff like reload speed and firing rates would be sick.

Upvote 0
I think KF should shy away from the traditional attachments like silencers and laser sights because they don't 'feel' like KF to me. I'd like to see addons like perhaps barrel and component coloring [like metalic vs copper], sights or scopes, grips ammo types[maybe tracer and no tracer], and clean gun vs old gun vs dirty gun. These small things would make you feel a little more unique in the game. I don't think it would be to hard to implement a coloring system it would be just like a skin selecting process for the weapons.

However each addon would have to be cheap or free from start menu and have nearly no effect on a gun. I was thinking about money and KF and I relized that if you have all these options available to the player to purchase than greedy players are a lot less likely to share their money with their team, rather they'd horde it for buying upgrades.
The arguement is of course that isn't the spirit of KF but we've all played on servers where no one gives out money right? :p

So perhaps instead of customizing weapons simply new weapons should be introduced.

As for players I'm very much in favor of customizing characters. Zul said 'you don't customize yourself in the army' but the impression I get is that you aren't in the army since it's police and army side-by-side. But I'd still prefer a military theme to the components, non of this renegade woodsman stuff.

Upvote 0
i think it would be nice to be able to custom your character's outfit with accessories you need to unlock.

and if you've got all of the classes with level 3, then allow a special helmet, then lvl 4, a different helmet etc.

then ppl can spot who the really good players are staight away and stick close to them. also it's something nice to be awarded and achieve.

Upvote 0
I agree ... to an extent. Having customisation would be interesting, would make levelling perks/getting achievements all the more enjoyable, and would help add variety to the game...

However,
they should be kept sensible, maybe different helmets, different camo patters (digital, flektarn etc) and different boots/gloves etc.

The customisation of weapons would also be great.

Upvote 0
I think KF should shy away from the traditional attachments like silencers and laser sights because they don't 'feel' like KF to me. I'd like to see addons like perhaps barrel and component coloring [like metalic vs copper], sights or scopes, grips ammo types[maybe tracer and no tracer], and clean gun vs old gun vs dirty gun. These small things would make you feel a little more unique in the game. I don't think it would be to hard to implement a coloring system it would be just like a skin selecting process for the weapons.

However each addon would have to be cheap or free from start menu and have nearly no effect on a gun. I was thinking about money and KF and I relized that if you have all these options available to the player to purchase than greedy players are a lot less likely to share their money with their team, rather they'd horde it for buying upgrades.
The arguement is of course that isn't the spirit of KF but we've all played on servers where no one gives out money right? :p

[...]

This.
But i would include a realistic character customization as well, if you have played 'insurgency' , a mod for source engine games,you know what i mean

Last edited:
Upvote 0