• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Chainsaw!

There is a special "spot" its called a head shot. Look in the tips head shots are wonderful for disabling there specials.

Fleshpound- seems to do less damage and can't berserk in the right Direction.
Scrake- will die
Siren- will die
Bloat- will wonder around until shot or dies.
Stalker- will die
Clot- Will wonder around until shot or dies.
Crawlers- will die

I find that lv 3 and up berserker does wonders on Fleshpound heads, assuming you're team mates aren't dumb enough to start shooting him. Causeing him to beserk towards you or the team. Me and my friend have a great attack for them and others. Take off the head with the Chainsaw and use the alt fire on the hunting shot gun. Now keep in mind this is normal since He still plays normal.

Upvote 0
I also want to put up from what I know about the Alt Fire on the Chain saw. Some enemys will take one hit from it and die others will take a few hits. This is all based on Normal Mod mind you.

Fleshpound- about 4 or 5
Scrake- 2 hits
Siren- 1 hit
Bloat- 1 hit - cause's splash damage *without head I don't think it does*
Stalker- 1 hit
Clot- 1 hit
Crawlers- *not even trying to hit that thing*

I found that using it its good for the Fleshpound but he will attack you point blank so you need to take him out fast. Having team mates will help as well.

Upvote 0
I'm Firebug :D 3 berserkes in front of you and your freaking flamethrower is useless, because you burn yourself (thanks to the stupid polygon collision) and the flames don't get through! Oh and btw. you can burn everything, but the final hit is always with the freaking chainsaw-berserker, you get like 0 kills! -.- It's like you just lower the life of every mutant and the beserker finish them -.-

I hate'em! No offense ;)

after i get my chainsaw, all i buy at the trader is ammo and armor, i throw the rest of my cash on the floow for others to enjoy.

all i need is Bessie.

Upvote 0
this is a team game not about who kills more or less, the way this is meant to be played is at higher dificulties with each class doing its job and not everyone going loose trying to raise kill counts, any excess of money from someone should be shared with the rest and everybody happy, thats why sharing money feature is there.

play with friends and serious people, you'll see the diference. the problm is not the classes, the problem are te players

Upvote 0
this is a team game not about who kills more or less, the way this is meant to be played is at higher dificulties with each class doing its job and not everyone going loose trying to raise kill counts, any excess of money from someone should be shared with the rest and everybody happy, thats why sharing money feature is there.

play with friends and serious people, you'll see the diference. the problm is not the classes, the problem are te players

While that maybe true there is a problem with Class's since you need so many kills to get your perk up its hard for them to not run around killing. my highest perk is beserker lv 3 1.1/1.5 mil damage. And its hard to get that. Sharpshooters ***** at beserkers because they are taking there head shots. Commando's hate it when you kill the stalkers and so on. Playing with serious people isn't great either for this and friends will get mad if you do or don't do something right for them. And most people will only play hard/ suicidel if they havel 4.

Upvote 0
While that maybe true there is a problem with Class's since you need so many kills to get your perk up its hard for them to not run around killing. my highest perk is beserker lv 3 1.1/1.5 mil damage. And its hard to get that. Sharpshooters ***** at beserkers because they are taking there head shots. Commando's hate it when you kill the stalkers and so on. Playing with serious people isn't great either for this and friends will get mad if you do or don't do something right for them. And most people will only play hard/ suicidel if they havel 4.

then get some new friends =P

hard is ok for leveling your perks you dont have to be lvl4 to play it, and to be enjoyable it doesnt have to end in a victory, also the swarm is hard enough so people will naturally start doing that they are supposed to do(most of them), you won't need to go hunting, they'll come to you and there'll be plenty.

and just forget about your levels, don't turn a fun game into a job, let the levels come themselves as you play, get some friends and plan strategies for harder dificulties. when everybody have a specific task in a group and they do it right, is much mor fun and rewarding tha getting some extra frags

Last edited:
Upvote 0
cant help but wonder why everyone is so gay for the chainsaw, no matter the difficulty level, if you have atleast one of the five usually useles players helping you out, an axe is more than enough, unless you want to risk sawing the fp's head off.(which is only reasonable on singleplayer suicidal or multiplayer hard)

and if your team has the usual amount of fail in it, you can always go off on your own circling through the map while outrunning the creeps due to the proper speedboost with the axe.

so far i easily survive till wave 7 on every map on suicidal solo with axe and deagle (lvl4)

Upvote 0
an axe is more than enough
Come back and say that after you've walked into a huge crowd of gorefasts.

and if your team has the usual amount of fail in it, you can always go off on your own circling through the map while outrunning the creeps due to the proper speedboost with the axe.
You do realise you can just run with the knife for the most speed?

Upvote 0

This game is made to be fun, as all games are. i dont give a **** if i dont get much kills cuz its co-op. seriously. if u dont accept ppl taking "ur" kills, go play solo. And about the leveling. it starts to p*ss me off how ppl says how others steals "their" kills so they cant lvl well.
CMON! the game is not just leveling! if u want lvls go to perkbuilder for god sake... This game is really starting to get less fun cuz ppl whine cuz they cant lvl.

That's why i play with friends mostly so i can enjoy the real co-op zombie horror experience. Not caring about leveling, it will lvl, it needs patience. Not caring about money, real teamworking players shares it. Public servers almost always has the typical morons who wants the most money, the most experience, and dont give a **** about others.

Like this one guy in hard difficulty WTF (weapons they fear) server. He had the most kills cuz when he saw someone (me) going to knife a clot, he shot it from distance to get the experience and money from it. O well, i didn't mind cuz its co-op teamwork game, and he gives a little money so i can buy better weapon than knife and 9mm. That's teamworking, right? Well, then at trader ppl asked for money cuz he took all the kills. He started to show off "lol got 80 kills myself" "lol got 1500 cash and i dont even need it" and gave nothing. ppl started to ask why hes being such an asshole, he just said: "im greedy bastard :)))))))))"
--> disconnect

There. said it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i find that crouching makes it easier to take out crawlers with shotgun.

i've found myself very helpful on numerous occasions with berserker and chainsaw. my teammates were surrounded by clots and gorefasts, but i managed to chainsaw through the mob so they could flee to safety and reheal.

i hardly ever take out a bloat with a chainsaw coz the loss of health from bile is not worth it. i think it's better to just blow its head off with a pistol.

Upvote 0
i find that crouching makes it easier to take out crawlers with shotgun.

i've found myself very helpful on numerous occasions with berserker and chainsaw. my teammates were surrounded by clots and gorefasts, but i managed to chainsaw through the mob so they could flee to safety and reheal.

i hardly ever take out a bloat with a chainsaw coz the loss of health from bile is not worth it. i think it's better to just blow its head off with a pistol.

As you level, you'll find that the Bloat's puke does near nothing to you...plus, if you chainsaw/knife the head while it's puking, it's head tends to come off almost every time...

Upvote 0
Chainsaws rock! Yesterday, me and 2 other level 5 berserks killed the Patriarch in like 10 seconds with chainsaws. This was a 6 player game on hard difficulty (The other players were still where the shop was). Pretty much what we did, was hide in the closet in manor and wait for him to come in, and depending on who the Patriarch chases, the other 2 guys would block the closet door so there would be no escape for him :).

Upvote 0
cant help but wonder why everyone is so gay for the chainsaw, no matter the difficulty level, if you have atleast one of the five usually useles players helping you out, an axe is more than enough, unless you want to risk sawing the fp's head off.(which is only reasonable on singleplayer suicidal or multiplayer hard)

so far i easily survive till wave 7 on every map on suicidal solo with axe and deagle (lvl4)

Because it's a CHAINSAW MWUHAHAHAHA!!! :D

Seriously dude, you can't put a gameplay value on "fun to use".

Upvote 0
This game is made to be fun, as all games are. i dont give a **** if i dont get much kills cuz its co-op. seriously. if u dont accept ppl taking "ur" kills, go play solo. And about the leveling. it starts to p*ss me off how ppl says how others steals "their" kills so they cant lvl well.
CMON! the game is not just leveling! if u want lvls go to perkbuilder for god sake... This game is really starting to get less fun cuz ppl whine cuz they cant lvl.

no ****. stfu you whiney ****ers. level 5 perks are not THAT great. if you want them so badly, go to perkbuilding maps and stop whining about us playing the game NORMALLY. we have every right to chainsaw stuff before you can kill it and if you cant kill it before we get to it then you just suck.

Upvote 0
no ****. stfu you whiney ****ers. level 5 perks are not THAT great. if you want them so badly, go to perkbuilding maps and stop whining about us playing the game NORMALLY. we have every right to chainsaw stuff before you can kill it and if you cant kill it before we get to it then you just suck.

did u even read my post idiot...? I said very clearly that im the one who wants to play normally. I HATE ppl who comes just to lvl, and THEY should **** off and go perkbuilder maps if they want lvls so much. So yeah, read the post before replying such idiotic things...

Read again: i hate ppl who plays only to lvl and whine bout stealing "their" kills! Who the **** decides which zombies are "THEIR" kills??? im the one playing normally, doing teamwork and i dont give a damn if someone takes all "my" kills, they share the money if necessary. i play for fun, not for lvls. my perks will lvl in time. So sad so many ppl thinks that KF is all about leveling..

So yeah, read the damn post before replying such ****

Last edited:
Upvote 0
did u even read my post idiot...? I said very clearly that im the one who wants to play normally. I HATE ppl who comes just to lvl, and THEY should **** off and go perkbuilder maps if they want lvls so much. So yeah, read the post before replying such idiotic things...

Read again: i hate ppl who plays only to lvl and whine bout stealing "their" kills! Who the **** decides which zombies are "THEIR" kills??? im the one playing normally, doing teamwork and i dont give a damn if someone takes all "my" kills, they share the money if necessary. i play for fun, not for lvls. my perks will lvl in time. So sad so many ppl thinks that KF is all about leveling..

Calm down...arguing isn't accomplishing anything. Everyone not level 5 is probably there to 'Level' in some sense, that's just a fact of the game. The problem comes in when folks start thinking in terms of kills/money instead of strategy. Having shotgun folks waste precious shells on single Clots in Suicidal when a chainsaw kills it for free is dumb...

Shells cost money and on Hard/Suicidal, a single clot doesn't even cover the cost of a shotgun shell! Not to mention that you're fairily limited on it...on Hard, folks need to realize that the Berserkers are there to save you money, not just to 'steal kills'.

Blast clusters of Gorefasts. Blast Bloats. For the love of god, blast Crawlers and Sirens. But if you see a Berserker about to totally own a row of Gorefasts and Clots for you, let him do it! It's not stealing your kills, and even if he doesn't give you the money (If he has enough, I don't see why he wouldn't, though), you're still saving money by not wasting ammo on things that are already going to die...

Also, the "we have every right to chainsaw stuff before you can kill it and if you cant kill it before we get to it then you just suck." attitude isn't very helpful. A lot of folks already see berserkers as rogue-players who aren't part of the team. Acting like that will just reinforce that. And believe me, if a team sees you as 'rogue', they also see you as expendable...

Upvote 0

lololol actually, YOU should read posts before you talk. If you re-read my post, you'll see it wasn't b.itching at you, it was in AGREEMENT to your post.

I said you whiney f.uckERS. plural. how is that directed towards you?

Last edited:
Upvote 0