• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sound No music while playing custom maps?

It's possible to add the original music to custom maps but mappers have to do that manually. In fact, you can add a different music track for each individual wave for both battle time and trader time.

I think mappers just need some time to learn about this feature. I played with it yesterday for a map I'm working on (MosEisley) and had 10 seperate tracks for 10 battle waves and 3 alternating ambiant tracks for trader time. This will be in the next beta version.

Copy and pasting over the default actor for level sound is insufficient and a few custom edits need to be made. I also hope we'll see people who don't want to use custom sound packs taking advantage of the default game music instead.

Upvote 0
It's possible to add the original music to custom maps but mappers have to do that manually. In fact, you can add a different music track for each individual wave for both battle time and trader time.

I think mappers just need some time to learn about this feature. I played with it yesterday for a map I'm working on (MosEisley) and had 10 seperate tracks for 10 battle waves and 3 alternating ambiant tracks for trader time. This will be in the next beta version.

Copy and pasting over the default actor for level sound is insufficient and a few custom edits need to be made. I also hope we'll see people who don't want to use custom sound packs taking advantage of the default game music instead.

Arramus, is this version with music coming out anytime?

I edited your own MosEisley on my server to run with music and had my clan members download the ogg from me... they really really really enjoyed it, but i put only 2 musics(imperial march by metallica, to keep the metal music style of the game going during the fighting and star wars theme during the trader...).

Please post the new beta/version soon with your songs... =D

Thanks for the awesome map

Upvote 0
Oh, and Arramus, some effects as ships flying around every once in a while in the sky would be nice... just an idea... =P

Or maybe make the yellow planet/moon on MosEisleyNight be Death Star! :D I know it wasn't built when Mos Eisley was showed, and it was never physically there, but would be an awesome reference!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You can add your own sounds to maps but the only option is .wav form and this would make a single music track around 25mb or so. The quality would not be all that either.

.wav is a lossless format - its uncompressed which is why the file size and quality is high.

Has anybody got a tutorial for adding music to my map? I've got hours of my own music but I'm a bit stuck when it comes to getting it in the game!

Upvote 0