• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Playability suggestions

LOOY

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Killing Floor is a great game and I'm having fun with it so far, but there are a few nagging problems that would be easy to fix:

Nade + Rocket Collision with teammates
I'm not saying you should be able to shoot through your teammates all teh time with these weapons, but for the first 1/2 seconds after firing/throwing they should pass through teammates to avoid annoying self kills.

Trader Blocking
It's way too easy for one person to grief the entire server, simply turn of player collisions while the trader is open to fix this, or make trader doors wide enough for 3 people (this would screw over custom maps though).

Medical Syringe
The current syringe is a bit clumsy, especially when trying to use it on a moving player. To remedy this, simply have it heal when the animation starts playing, instead of giving them 0.5 seconds to move out the way OR Simply make it so the syringe doesn't "reload" if you didn't actually hit your teammate.

Cancel Reloads
If you try to switch weapon while reloading, simply cancel the reload and start again when you switch back.

First post btw.

Nade + Rocket Collision with teammates
I'm not saying you should be able to shoot through your teammates all teh time with these weapons, but for the first 1/2 seconds after firing/throwing they should pass through teammates to avoid annoying self kills.

I agree with the part about grenades, but as far as the LAW goes they shouldn't fix this until they make it something worth buying. As it is I make use of that to kill stupid teammates on hard and suicidal.

By using a LAW they are showing that they are unskilled at the game, and by bringing their lack of skill and flagrant disregard for their teammates' wishes into the game they are themselves engaging in griefing. That leaves getting them to kill themselves as a counter-griefing measure.

Trader Blocking
It's way too easy for one person to grief the entire server, simply turn of player collisions while the trader is open to fix this, or make trader doors wide enough for 3 people (this would screw over custom maps though).

Custom maps should be designed with this in mind, though.

Medical Syringe
The current syringe is a bit clumsy, especially when trying to use it on a moving player. To remedy this, simply have it heal when the animation starts playing, instead of giving them 0.5 seconds to move out the way OR Simply make it so the syringe doesn't "reload" if you didn't actually hit your teammate.

I'd also say it should detect hits at up to an arm's length away instead of just a few inches.

Upvote 0
Nade+rocket collision should stay. If u don't want to blow urself, u need to communicate with ur team mates not to go in front of u, or shoot it when team mates aren't nearby going in front of u. Communication is the key. No support from me about taking Law/nade collision off.

Anti trader grief is kinda good suggestion though. But when trader closes her door and then player collision comes back, u can go inside some other player and get stuck. That can be fixable tho i guess...

The syringe idea is ok. I wouldn't mind if that happens but the current syringe is fine, its realistic, if u would heal someone with this thing while hes moving irl, its kinda hard to hit him, right? Syringe releases the liquid inside it into the air, so u have to reload a new one.

100% agree with the reload suggest. It's annoying at the moment. I want to switch to mah dual deagles cuz my hunting shotgun reloads ages but it won't let me switch cuz it must be reloaded.

That's pretty much it.

Upvote 0
Nade+rocket collision should stay. If u don't want to blow urself, u need to communicate with ur team mates not to go in front of u, or shoot it when team mates aren't nearby going in front of u. Communication is the key. No support from me about taking Law/nade collision off.

Anti trader grief is kinda good suggestion though. But when trader closes her door and then player collision comes back, u can go inside some other player and get stuck. That can be fixable tho i guess...

The syringe idea is ok. I wouldn't mind if that happens but the current syringe is fine, its realistic, if u would heal someone with this thing while hes moving irl, its kinda hard to hit him, right? Syringe releases the liquid inside it into the air, so u have to reload a new one.

100% agree with the reload suggest. It's annoying at the moment. I want to switch to mah dual deagles cuz my hunting shotgun reloads ages but it won't let me switch cuz it must be reloaded.

That's pretty much it.

I agree on the suggestions too, particularly the reload option. I hate when I switch from melee to a gun that's emtpy and now i'm stuck running slower trying to reload a gun when I could just got back to my melee and hack it down or to run away. Seems more logical that way... now, it's just like standing in front of a train to get hit instead of moving off the tracks. GG

Upvote 0
I agree, apart from passing through of rockets and nades...

Annoying incidents like player collision at the trader should be fixed but I am always up for realism where weapons are concerned...

so if ur up to realism, as i am also, the only unrealistic is the reload with guns, all others are realistic atm.

Nade+rocket collision= fine, realistic, no need to fix....

Trader blocking = wider doors? it just looks weird if we can walk thru others....

Medical syringe = fine

Cancel reloads= needs to be fixed, its not realistic, plus, its annoying as heck..

Upvote 0