• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Operation Flashpoint 2 preview and screenies

Nor do Ghost Recon, Operation Flashpoint, ArmA, ArmA 2 etc etc...
Their point is mute. It's a lame list of excuses, even if those vids are on easy.
They cant possibly think they can show this vid and not bring down 'the wrath' of the old fans, anyone who does think so is, not so bright to say the least.

They said at the start they knew what the original fans wanted and expected, but nothing of that has shown so far.
Regardless of this list of promises and excuses, i still see no hope for this to become a true sequal to OFP. Maybe a good game, but not OFP.

Upvote 0
I still see no hope for this to become a true sequal to OFP. Maybe a good game, but not OFP.

I don't think anyone here thinks or have ever thought for a moment that this game is gonna be the true sequel to OFP. And it migt be a good game, I don't discard anyting yet, however, this guy sounds too much like a salesman, and I hate that, there is always something fishy about salesmen. But I'm looking forward for the hardcore video, lets see if they can fix it.

And I do recognize ArmA as it is, the true sequel of Operation Flashpoint, for the good and for the bad, sadly more for the bad IMO.

the chances are I won't like any of them

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Fluids don't ignite per definition. Only gasses do, and vapours.
Because you can ignite vapours people often think you can ignite fluids.
If you are igniting a pool of petrol, you are actually vapourizing the petrol and burning the fumes.

Also, due to the velocity of bullets the temperature isn't high enough to ignite most gasses.
Sparks caused by deflection could, since they travel much slower.

In theory if you constantly keep shooting a barrel containing flammable fuel, it should explode.
But that isn't the case in real life most of the times.

Upvote 0
Can't resist pointing out that ArmA does have exploding barrels... just play 'Blood, Sweat and Tears', and behold them in their explosive, red, barrely glory ;)
lol I just tried and it's completely true. They explode after a single shot too:D

The moment BIS and CM parted ways was the moment OFP2 was denied a fair chance by die-hard OFP fans. With no expectations to meet, the game at least won't disappoint.
Agree on the first sentence, but disagree on the second. I judge the game all by itself, but the latest showings do disappoint me.

Upvote 0
DR_T-shirt.jpg

Upvote 0