• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The ArmA 2 thread (hurr hurr, no Armed Assault 2)

is it playable... even for gt 8600 and 3gb 3,5+ amd?
(with low graphic specs)

I have a comp like that and it runs on medium not too pretty but it runs well.

The only thing that is a bit stupid about "revive" or healing downed friendlies is that you can't heal yourself (I mean the minor wounds).

Upvote 0
Need a little help lads im kinda stuck, I would read the guide I got with the game but the PDF is in German. Basically I need to know how to command my Huey pilot to take me and my squad to different locations on the map?
Anyone know?

Thanx Pile.

Just select your pilot via the F keys (I bet he is F2) and then opne the map and click on the place you want to go :)

Upvote 0
Cheers man, I eventually figured out last night after posting on the BI forums. The pilot isnt actually in my team but if I press F5 I can select where to go.

I had an awesome insertion last night, my Huey pilot dropped me and my squad off on a road but on both sides of the dirt road were pine trees so anyway he lands ok and we all get out then as he's taking off he clips the top of a tree with his tail rotor and starts spinning, I order my guys to quickly move away from the spinning heli just in time as he crash lands in a tree and the heli slides down to the ground and the pilot jumps out and buggars off lol. Awesome experience and the ArmA II campaign is so far amazing compared to the OFP and ArmA campaign.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
biminisizedpics10.jpg

Just spotted this at the BIS forums lol :)

Upvote 0
The campaign is just awesome so far. After the first few missions it completely opens up - I'm really enjoying it. I just love how alive Chenarus feels, I'm currently playing the 'Manhattan' mission and it actually does feel like you're in a warzone. While you and your team are off completing a bunch of different objectives, there's hundreds of units from different factions populating the entire map, patrolling, fighting - all of it completely unscripted. Not to mention the civilian population caught in the middle, some of whom might tip you off about nearby enemy camps if asked, whereas others might just tell you piss off or ignore you completely. :p

You even get random missions and assignments along the way. Only on my second attempt at the mission did I get a call asking to secure a crash site for a downed civilian chopper, which of course you're able to accept or ignore as you see fit. There's a surprising amount of choice on the part of the player in almost every mission I've done so far.

My only real complaint would be performance, specifically in the campaign. It's like my CPU is acting as bottleneck, I get pretty much the same performance (never above 26fps) regardless of settings. This is with a Q6600, and even people with i7's are reporting the same thing. If I open up the editor and wander around I'm getting 40-50fps with the settings almost maxed out, yet during the campaign in the same spot I'll be getting 26fps with everything set as low as it can go.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just played ArmA II. Beautiful game, but is it just me or does it seem WAY too blurry with the HDR stuff? I love the motion blur, but everything in general is blurry. Kinda giving me a headache.

Yes, I've never had problems with games before in terms of getting sick, but the blurriness is really starting to bother me.

Also, I recently purchased a pretty good PC that can handle games with ease, but this game is really demanding. The "Fillrate Optimizer" option in the graphics settings, which makes the game blurry on anything below 100% really taxes the system. Seems to increase AA&AF, but even on 200%, the game looks really blurry in places. Unfortunately post-processing can only be set to low, and even that doesn't look much different than very high. And Jimmy, I'm running on an i7. The performance shouldn't be this bad. And it is the same on low as it is on very high settings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
800x600_prop.jpg

This is the best approximation I could find so far. I have an E6420, 3 GB RAM and a HD4870 and it runs overall okay on medium. Framerate drops in cities though.

Wow according to that I'll be on the high end of "normal" with 2k view distance?

Is that really accurate, cause from what I'm seeing people are saying preformance is rougly the same as Arma, and in Arma I can run all maxed in N.Sahrani with 10k view distance. That would be quite a big step down from the Arma preformance if this is true.

Upvote 0