• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Separate Dedicated Server

KingDeaN

May 17, 2009
Is there anyway to get the dedicated server stuff put into the tools menu in steam, I mean it isn't much of a priority but my god it is annoying going through the game to turn on a dedicated server and then going into it again to join the game.

*NOTE* This is entirely due to the face that whenever anyone hosts a listen server on our LAN all the map downloads go at about the speed of me writing down the 1's and 0's and running them across the hall. As well as the fact that perks don't work when I run a listen server :(

This is entirely due to the face that whenever anyone hosts a listen server on our LAN all the map downloads go at about the speed of me writing down the 1's and 0's and running them across the hall.

Oh, I can fix that. Set-up a fileserver on the network, and then either set-up some folder synchronization software or symlink your maps folder to the one on the fileserver. Unless your network is of the hubbed <10mbit variety the increase in load times would only be a second or two.

The simplest 'synchronization software' would be a batch file that goes to the network drive and tries to copy everything there to your map folder. It's easy.

As well as the fact that perks don't work when I run a listen server :(

You might want to take that to the support section, since perks are supposed to work on listen servers.

Completely aside from that, I agree that there should be a way of directly launching the dedicated server. Mostly in the sense of "I'm pretty sure you can already do that", and possibly in the sense of "Wait, you're kidding, really? How did they miss THAT? o.0"

Last edited:
Upvote 0