• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My First RO Experiences

Ziljun

May 7, 2009
I bought this game just yesterday and I'd like to share some of my experiences and thoughts from the perspective of a total RO noob :)

First thing I noticed was the movement, it's very soldier-like! Kinda slow and sluggish but what would you expect from a guy in the middle of a warzone carrying pounds of stuff?

Secondly, the pace. In other FPS games, such as Quake, you're often on your own and can do just fine running about shooting like a maniac. This is totally different! I've found myself just waiting by some narrow entrance for some enemies to not shoot my face off, good thing that so many people can be on the server at once so you're never really alone :). RO scares me sometimes, the weapons act so real so you have to think about what you're shooting at, because the recoil could easily disorient you and make ya a fine target.

Thirdly, the difficulty. So far, this game is HARD! You have to stay behind cover, take it slow and shoot carefully. I think it simulates a real battle very well.

RO was definitely worth the money, and I can't see myself walking away from this game in a long time! :)

P.S: My steam name is Ziljun. :cool: