• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Switch perks only once per game.

Gotta vote no on this one, I've found too many uses for being able to switch perks. I always start out as medic or berserker so I'll have some sort of perk for the first wave, but as I play with a group I learn their methods and use that to decide which perk I need to best help the group survive. As for getting the discount, I've also had too many times where I've joined a game to find they're on the last wave before the patriarch and none of them have had the money to spare or been willing to do so. When you're rank 5 at all perks I can see where this is coming from, spawning with a high value weapon then selling it to buy several weapons at discounted prices, or giving it to a team mate and buying another at discount price, but these are the only real problems I've found.

To adapt is to survive, as my first point states, I start out as medic or berserker for the bonuses then decide which perk is best based on how the group I'm in functions. To expect me to know what's going to be best for my group or figure that out before the auto start timer runs out would be pretty unrealistic and would kill the fun for me.

Upvote 0
Not a very good idea in my opinion. Even though it is cheap, being able to get weapons a little cheaper, isn't really a bad thing. Not everyone likes the game to be impossible you know.

Also, it would be stupid to take out, because alot of the time when I am playing single player, I use the perks to my advantage, so I can get guns more quickly, for less money. This helps me a lot when I am playing single player, and I am leveling my perks.

So overall no, but maybe, just maybe, in multiplayer they could do that. But even then, I would still be aganst it.

Upvote 0
Fix a limitation could be good.

It's good to switch for having an other strategy with your team. But, actually, you have all the advantages and no disadvantages. You just switch your perk before buying the stuff ( medic= armor, sharp=rifle etc... ).

When you play as medic, you shouldn't be able to have the reduction of the other class.
Maybe if you allow players to change his perk once per round, before they buy any stuff. We could then adapt, but not having all the reduction at the trader.

Upvote 0
I vote nay on this.

What happens if you've set up a team of people, each person with a designated perk or job. You're doing well, and then BAM! X number of players have to leave, disconnect, lag out, become a**holes, and basically make the team less effective.

Solution?
Have someone play their role.
I usually play beserker and go to town clearing the way or helping mow down hard mobs/specimens, but when we lose a medic or we are low on players I switch to medic. Also, if I feel I don't need to be a berserker (too many already, bad map for it, I want to work on another perk) I'll switch.

I'd vote yay on 2 perk switches per wave, but nothing other than that.

Upvote 0