• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The females of Killing Floor

nankura

May 20, 2009
Hey all

My little suggestion goes towards adding the option of playing as a "female" making a good looking female character for the girls to play, like for example l4d has that chick lol

Basically alot of game's forget that girl's do play game's ( YES I KNOW SHOCK HORROR ) and its not going to hurt when choosing your player model/skin to have a female option in the game.

Yes some skinners can do this/modders, but then not all the females out there will get the skins

Im shouting out to tripwire to add some female characters for the women gaming community!

Question: why the female character would have to be *good looking* ?!
I mean, the males aren't exactly greek gods...
Seriously, I'd welcome the variety (also because that would mean more voice acting variety), but why would a female commando/cop have to be a bimboish model?
(and no, I'm not suggesting she have to be ugly because she'd be british... )

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Seriously, I'd welcome the variety (also because that would mean more voice acting variety), but why would a female commando/cop have to be a bimboish model?

It's the same reason why every teen drama or flick casts 'beter than average' looking actors. It doesn't get viewers or sell otherwise, and it practically applies in all forms of media.

Upvote 0
Most military and police forces in the world are primarily made up of men. Not sexist, it's a fact. And most of the soldiers are from special forces and special police units, known even more for having only men! Having half the players in the game choose the female soldier just to be 'different' (You know they would!) would totally destroy the atmosphere this game has and blow away any suspension of disbelief...

In Left 4 Dead, Zoey is a survivor. Someone who was just there. Not someone recruited and trained by the military, then dropped in. She makes sense there. If she was in Killing Floor, she'd be horribly out of place...

I'd rather see more models/voices of male soldiers from different nations (Britain's NATO and EU allies anyone?) than see a female soldier that, in all-reality, wouldn't really exist. I'd rather see them add things that make sense like:

-German Kommandos
-French Special Forces
-Russian Spetsnaz
-American Rangers, SEALs, or Green Berets

Each could have their own voices and skins, giving variety without ruining the feel of the game...

Upvote 0
It wouldn't bother me to see one. But the reason I think they didn't have one is from the fact that they might not have a female voice actor. I'd personally like a Navy Seal myself. I always choose that model in CS:S. Of course, it'd be nice if they didn't have the accent either. To show they are American more.

Upvote 0
yeah, im not exactly sure why there aren't any females...

maybe they will put some in, would be a good idea

Because no special ops in the world have Females? Also that no Army in the world deploys females for combat usage.(Even the US, we have Female Soldiers, but as you can ask and read about, they're not sent to combat operations).

Upvote 0
Sexist much?

There are most definately females in the armed forces, police services and the likes in the uk. They are in combat operations.

There was a british female soldier in the mod, i suppose it wont be long before they put her back into the game or a mod comes out to do it.

The game is set in the united kingdom, and guess what: THEY ARE NOT SPECIAL FORCES.

They are a unit of military survivers who are shoved together and put into missions, with two police officers who survived the initial onslaught.

None of these guys are SAS or whatever. Read the bio's, one of them was an overweight fat guy who was about to be discharged for being too fat in the army. Hardly SAS material.

Adding Other countries to the game team, would require a reason. Did britain call for americas aid ? Or russias? No, then why is there a russian elite team there eh ? :)

It would be all fine and dandy if a map set was created to be in USA or so on (BY tripwire) and they added americans or whatever to fit in, but the game is in britain, the specimins are in Horizon labs, in London.

They are not zombies, this isnt an infection, so how did these specimin get off the island?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sexist much?

There are most definately females in the armed forces, police services and the likes in the uk. They are in combat operations.

There was a british female soldier in the mod, i suppose it wont be long before they put her back into the game or a mod comes out to do it.

The game is set in the united kingdom, and guess what: THEY ARE NOT SPECIAL FORCES.

They are a unit of military survivers who are shoved together and put into missions, with two police officers who survived the initial onslaught.

None of these guys are SAS or whatever. Read the bio's, one of them was an overweight fat guy who was about to be discharged for being too fat in the army. Hardly SAS material.

Adding Other countries to the game team, would require a reason. Did britain call for americas aid ? Or russias? No, then why is there a russian elite team there eh ? :)

It would be all fine and dandy if a map set was created to be in USA or so on (BY tripwire) and they added americans or whatever to fit in, but the game is in britain, the specimins are in Horizon labs, in London.

They are not zombies, this isnt an infection, so how did these specimin get off the island?

I agree about the Clones. It doesn't feel much like the world is going to end, cause no infection, means limited numbers, and if 6 guys can take out thousands...I doubt they stockpiled that many. :p

And no, I'm not sexist. I'm what's called a "Realist".

Upvote 0