• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design KF-Nursinghome

RoBoT

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Syria
KF-Nursinghome was old map for KF2.0 the mod, I used better lighting and more specimens spawns. :)
author: nama-cha
download: (UPDATED v2)
http://files.filefront.com/13794824

fixed some paths and spawns

screenshots:
Shot00029.jpg

Shot00028-1.jpg

Shot00027.jpg

Shot00026.jpg

Last edited:
I recently played this, however, the place above the main entrance with the hole in the wall Is just way too easy to hold de specimen off, there should be like a second accespoint to it for them, this would balance that point a bit more. Just a tip, the rest of the map is ok to play on!

Upvote 0
Link doesn't work (endless loop). Anywhere else you can upload the file to? I was in the process of a conversion of NursingHome.

The link does work.
Type in the security code - and then WAIT. Don't click on the download link (that's the loop u're talking about.)
If you look down the page, you see a 60 seconds counter or so. After these secs a Normal user link will appear.

Upvote 0
The link does work.
Type in the security code - and then WAIT. Don't click on the download link (that's the loop u're talking about.)
If you look down the page, you see a 60 seconds counter or so. After these secs a Normal user link will appear.

Oh, okay. Thanks. Never did that to me before. I'll try it out. :) Also yeah I hope TW does officially convert this.

Upvote 0
Really good atmosphere. This map is pretty good, but as with any map there are some things that kindof make me go '?'

The spawn point is one. Are the military patients in this nursing home, or what? More believable to start outside of the nursing home.

And more traders are welcome. People wouldn't feel any need to venture anywhere else if there's only one trader.

Also the arrow is a bit misleading. The red path led me to the trader, but I kept thinking the trader was on the second floor.

Also, you have to go right near the trader in order to start the trading thing. I thought we could just go up to the overturned table.

This map has potential and I really do like it. Just needs some fixing. :)

Upvote 0
Really good atmosphere. This map is pretty good, but as with any map there are some things that kindof make me go '?'

The spawn point is one. Are the military patients in this nursing home, or what? More believable to start outside of the nursing home.

And more traders are welcome. People wouldn't feel any need to venture anywhere else if there's only one trader.

Also the arrow is a bit misleading. The red path led me to the trader, but I kept thinking the trader was on the second floor.

Also, you have to go right near the trader in order to start the trading thing. I thought we could just go up to the overturned table.

This map has potential and I really do like it. Just needs some fixing. :)

first of all, I didn't make this map I just converted it from KF mod, and I believe I should leave them like the mapper of this map want, plus I don't think old KF players would like the change in this map (like me)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
first of all, I didn't make this map I just converted it from KF mod, and I believe I should leave them like the mapper of this map want, plus I don't think old KF players would like the change in this map (like me)

Right. It's good to keep the original flavour even if there is only one trader. Even if the windows are far too high with this changed POV. Just like you should keep the picture of the old people. It's just nostalgia.

Upvote 0
It would of worked it u would of just removed the light on-top of the door which people used to jump onto once they did the door thing.
nah no need, it was annoy how the doors was opening and blocks your way anyway.

I hope you won't be able to camp on hills anymore.

it's fixed

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Since you have the knowledge and the will to make maps, even if some of them are just ports like this one, why not make a V2 or something that has more than 1 trader and a spawn outside or something? The trader is a big issue considering it will have most of us just camping the trader since there's no reason to explore plus less time at trader due to exploring. Same thing mentioned in the Mall map too, large area would be great to see but not able to due to one trader. Why penalize us for wanting to explore??

Upvote 0