• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I can't sugarcoat it.

Superfly724

Grizzled Veteran
May 3, 2009
Killing Floor's in-game community is getting worse by the day. West London has become unplayable on multiplayer due to the fact that just about every game I play, over half the team is using the exploit. People that are shooting fleshpounds on sight, even after being asked not to.

It's making it unbearable to play. I refuse to be the bait down on the ground for some jerk who doesn't feel like playing the right way. It's really starting to piss me off... Something MUST be done.

Yeah, as with any other online game, the only way to avoid exploits and...well...morons is to play with friends.

Yeah, I know. There are just times in the day when I won't have friends online and I still want to play. The fact that I can't start my own lobby without opening the ports on my firewall makes it difficult to wade out the idiots too.

Upvote 0
Killing Floor's in-game community is getting worse by the day. West London has become unplayable on multiplayer due to the fact that just about every game I play, over half the team is using the exploit. People that are shooting fleshpounds on sight, even after being asked not to.

It's making it unbearable to play. I refuse to be the bait down on the ground for some jerk who doesn't feel like playing the right way. It's really starting to piss me off... Something MUST be done.

Theres a way of stopping that glitch, Wied the gate, throw nade, run off, Watch and laugh as the rest of the team spend ages trying to find the gate only for it to not exist as its been blown up.

Upvote 0
I kick exploiters and bug abusers on my server. Really wish an official patch would be released sooner rather than later though.

If you see anyone exploiting PM me and I will ban them.

217.163.28.229:7707

Yeah we kick them from the <AKA> servers as well. If you see our public server with a few <AKA> guys in it feel free to stop buy, we deliberately don't shoot the fleshpounds chasing non-team oriented players :D

Upvote 0
One nice feature I like that Steam has are Steam groups. Some games allow you to join a game that a group is hosting. It'd be cool to start up a group on Steam that is dedicated to having good players who communicate and are willing to learn or teach others :p Problem is you'll need constant "filtering" to keep the morons out.

Upvote 0
So, its time for everyone to shamelessly advert their servers?

I'd say come to our servers since we have active admins nearlly 24/7 on account of us been an international clan who all have admin but we're always having to kick randoms to make room for clan members...

Becoming a part of our group of friends/clan members might alleviate that though...

Upvote 0
Agreed with OP, the community is ****. Exploiters, lamers, blockers... You name it, the low price tag sure dragged them in.

Also the "Class X is overpowered, I can't beat them in thing Y, NERF EM NAO!" people make me sick. This is a freaking team game, not the "hey look *****es, I'm the #1 on score board" game.

Upvote 0

Find a server where that isnt tolerated. We, like many others, kick ban anyone seen using this or any of the other exploits.

Upvote 0
While the game itself is much better than the mod was I never had a game in it that was as fun as the average evening game in the mod. No friendly chatter, no cheering when someone did something cool, no "rescue parties" helping stranded players get to safety, no co-operation and communication. Players seem to care about little else than grinding their perks.
The only way to have a good game is by playing with people you know. Just hopping online is frustrating, more often than not.:(

Upvote 0
While the game itself is much better than the mod was I never had a game in it that was as fun as the average evening game in the mod. No friendly chatter, no cheering when someone did something cool, no "rescue parties" helping stranded players get to safety, no co-operation and communication. Players seem to care about little else than grinding their perks.
The only way to have a good game is by playing with people you know. Just hopping online is frustrating, more often than not.:(

I have encountered a few helpful players using VOIP to my surprise, but overall (exception my son; the only person I know that I have encountered in KF yet) you are correct. Not that the game isn't fun, it is, but it was more immersive when players were chatting, helping others, pointing out ammo etc instead of just mindless grouping together like a school of fish.

Upvote 0
unpk|s server is going up in the next few days. If you add me on xfire: SammyR28

Youll be able to play on our private server with requests being performed. EG - If you want West london night on Hard, then we will change it for you. To many times iv wanted to play a map but can get one without playing through a round of farm or something just to get to the voting system.

Upvote 0
unpk|s server is going up in the next few days. If you add me on xfire: SammyR28

Youll be able to play on our private server with requests being performed. EG - If you want West london night on Hard, then we will change it for you. To many times iv wanted to play a map but can get one without playing through a round of farm or something just to get to the voting system.

Assuming the server has it enabled, you can vote for maps from the esc menu during a game.

Upvote 0