• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More guns later on?

My ideas...

My ideas...

>>> It would be great if weapons were customiseable... you could buy attatchments like scopes or torches and choose which to use <<<

My choices for new weapons would be...

Pistols : Webley VI (1915+ era, British revolver)
With : Power: High, Range: Low, Speed: High
6 rounds per load, Slow to reload, low weight.

Rifles
: Lee-Enfield Mk.III (1907 onwards, British bolt action)
With : Power: High, Range: High, Speed: Med.
10 rounds (2 5 round charger mags) very expensive, very heavy
Options... Scope, bayonet.

Bows
: Longbow (No idea when first made :p but I think originated here)
With : Power: High, Range: High, Speed: low.
1 arrow per shot (alt fire 2/3?) medium price, medium weight.
Options... Maybe a laser pointer to aim with?

Melee : Katana (Japanese I know, but cool)
With : Power: High, Range: none, Speed: med.
Expensive, Medium weight.

Medical : I like healing people, its helpful and a bit different from constant shooting... but after 10 mins its very, very repetitive. How about some kinds of new medic options, armour repair, some medicine shooting gun, dropping of health packs? :p I dunno... anyone got ideas?

Assault Rifles : Well many could be put in, I have a preference for the Steyr Aug A3, looks nice, and has a wide range of possible attatchments, from any scope, to torches, pistol grips, and grenade launchers. Could have the M4A1RIS, or how about (Though I hate them) something from the AK series, theyre cheap and durable, and common. Main thing is variety in use, from scopes to Grenade launchers, would be very interesting.

Explosives : How about some remote detonation devices, or a mortar, for which you can choose an angle of fire, or stun grenades.

Vehicles : Well i'd like a nice T-34 tank or an armoured jeep, would the game ever be able to accomodate vehicles and if so would they be good?
Also, would they be too overpowered. Could new zombies be introduced to combat against them...

Any other ideas? The more the merrier...

Upvote 0
>>> It would be great if weapons were customiseable... you could buy attatchments like scopes or torches and choose which to use <<<

My choices for new weapons would be...

Pistols : Webley VI (1915+ era, British revolver)
With : Power: High, Range: Low, Speed: High
6 rounds per load, Slow to reload, low weight.

Rifles
: Lee-Enfield Mk.III (1907 onwards, British bolt action)
With : Power: High, Range: High, Speed: Med.
10 rounds (2 5 round charger mags) very expensive, very heavy
Options... Scope, bayonet.

Bows
: Longbow (No idea when first made :p but I think originated here)
With : Power: High, Range: High, Speed: low.
1 arrow per shot (alt fire 2/3?) medium price, medium weight.
Options... Maybe a laser pointer to aim with?

Medical : I like healing people, its helpful and a bit different from constant shooting... but after 10 mins its very, very repetitive. How about some kinds of new medic options, armour repair, some medicine shooting gun, dropping of health packs? :p I dunno... anyone got ideas?

Assault Rifles : Well many could be put in, I have a preference for the Steyr Aug A3, looks nice, and has a wide range of possible attatchments, from any scope, to torches, pistol grips, and grenade launchers. Could have the M4A1RIS, or how about (Though I hate them) something from the AK series, theyre cheap and durable, and common. Main thing is variety in use, from scopes to Grenade launchers, would be very interesting.

Explosives : How about some remote detonation devices, or a mortar, for which you can choose an angle of fire, or stun grenades.

Vehicles : Well i'd like a nice T-34 tank or an armoured jeep, would the game ever be able to accomodate vehicles and if so would they be good?
Also, would they be too overpowered. Could new zombies be introduced to combat against them...

Any other ideas? The more the merrier...
Ah I agree with you, except for vehicles. I hate vehicles in war games, and am not going to change my mind with a survival game. And I think it would be too easy to shoot some zombies, drive away, then keep doing that. Otherwise, a nice list :)

Upvote 0
Bows[/B][/U] : Longbow (No idea when first made :p but I think originated here)

It originated in Britain but, frankly, doesn't really have much of a place in the game. Bows are far too slow, quiet, and anti-dramatic to be in a fast-paced shooter. The crossbow gets a pass because it has realtree camo.

Besides, the crossbow and even a midrange compound bow would completely outstrip a longbow in terms of power, speed, and accuracy.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Honestly, a deagle's bad enough... I'd go into rage overload if there were a katana in the game.

The only way it would be acceptable is if it automatically made your player a fat, pale teenager with a Naruto t-shirt and he'd cut himself with every other swing, losing 40-50 health.

The M4 and AK are in every game under the sun... the AUG isn't bad, but there's already an SA80 in the game, so you could have something like an FN FAL or an FNC, that would be pretty lekker.

Upvote 0
I agree with this in pretty much all regards. New content means more players and more entertainment to keep current players playing. I've been playing killing floor everyday since it came out and to be honest, I'm already getting bored from the lack of variety. The game is extremely repetitious, combine this with the fact that everyone looks almost identical and the short list of foes...

New guns would bring back some of the flare this game had when it first came out. I'm not saying this as a general thing, I'm talking about bringing back the flare for me.

Upvote 0
Vehicles have got to be a no no.

TW have managed to create such a good feeling with the weapons. What some people forget is that once you get to lvl 5, the weapon does so much more damage, making Normal, abit too easy! We cant have anything that is over powering. I think the weapons at the moment have perfect balance apart from the range on the shotgun, but if you see in ZEDtime then the spray is actually quite realistic so thats no biggy.

The one thing i would like to see is more pistols and a seperate perk for pistols only. Maybe alternate fire methods for weapons. Like a bayonet on Lever action rifle, or laser sights on pistols (which would disable flashlights).

The old modding team that made the original are well aware that new content needs to be added. They used to do this for free! Now they get paid for it and its what they love to do so we will be in for some very nice stuff indeed i think. They know what the community want as they were part of the community and still are.

ITs not as if they are a big developer that chuck a survey around to see what people want then do it or not do it. They already know! That why KF feels so god damn good!

I'd like to have maybe more support weapons. We have the welder and the Medikit, what about an engineer type class that could setup a turret (with limited ammo and med fire rate) or trip wire claymores.

Any suggestions for stuff that takes a more supportive role rather than weapons?

PS - Id like incinary grenades aswell!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok so no longbow, it would be pointless and wouldnt fit, I dont know why a Katana would be so bad... what's naruto

Naruto is an anime, I'm mocking the wapanese who have crappy display katanas hanging on their wall and resin figurines of their favourite anime characters on their bedside table, and generally think everything that comes out of Japan is just so kawaii and awesome ^_^

Katanas, for one, take a lot of skill to use. You can't just swing them around or poke people with them. Secondly, proper, tempered-steel ones are extremely brittle, especially for a sword, and not designed for anything other than being very sharp. They're supposed to be used in short engagements; hacking through hordes of zombies, especially by an untrained British army grunt, would make them prone to breakage.

And finally, where the hell does an exotic, skill-intensive, eastern sword fit into Killing Floor? And does EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN ZOMBIE GAME HAVE TO HAVE A KATANA IN IT?! Seriously, I think I saw this suggestion at least a few dozen times during my time on the L4D forums, almost always with the justification "well it'd be cool".

Besides, we already have the axe. Where would the katana fit in?

TL;DR, Screw katanas.

Upvote 0
Fair enough, no katana :)
And vehicles I never expected to be wanted, I myself don't think they would be great, just a suggestion.

As for medicine shooting guns, yeah I know thats stupid, but the idea is for something other than that one little injector (which cures any wounds, from fire, gashes, being imbedded with shrapnel.) I don't think something that fires the stuff would be any more unrealisitc than what they have now

Upvote 0
Thought of something.... everyone is complaining about the L.A.W...
so why not have a Fuel air ("A High impact thermobaric weapon") instead, that might work against specimins :p

The XM1060 grenade launcher (if they put in grenade launchers) might be fun :p

As much as I love thermobaric weapons, as any red-blooded african should, we already have grenades.

I like claymores. It could make you choose between spending lots of time in the trader or setting up claymores.

Upvote 0
I love the idea but do you know how much it would cost TWI to get the licences for the weapons?

Mp5 *drools*...give me it and my life will Finally be complete Q.Q

Eh, you'd just need to name it something generic. The Bren could be the "LMG", the mp5 could be the "SMG", the AR-10 could be the "auto sniper", etc. They already do that with every other gun in the game.

And I'm glad the 9mms have a slide safety. I've seen a couple games where the "beretta" in it had a grip safety and it made me angry (that would make it a PT-92).

Upvote 0
Agreed we need some more variety! Such as:

Lee-Enfield
Mosin-Nagant
M1 Garand
Fusil MAS 36
2K11 Krug
Gewehr 43
ZSU-23-4
Karabiner 98 Kurz
MQ-9
Type 99

etc.

these are the best choices. The weapons everyone else are screaming for have been over used in games for ages. Who hasn't fired an MP5 or AK47 in a game before? Much less at a zombie/mutant.

Upvote 0