• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Giantbomb user review pretty humorous

i personaly cant blame anyone on comparing it to l4d, it are the only existing coop zombie games that came out not long after each other. so its kind a logic to me. the only comments on this that bugs me is that if people say that KF stole stuff from l4d and the other way arround.

personaly i like KF more cause it has a more gritty and serious atmosphere then l4d. there is something in l4d that screams B MOVIE! and that makes it hard for me to immerse myself.. nothing wrong with b movies. but in a game i want to step into my role. and i dont want to feel like a B actor

comparisons will always be made, no matter what happens. if there comes a new realistic wo2 shooter like RO, people will compare it to RO without doubt

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i personaly cant blame anyone on comparing it to l4d, it are the only existing coop zombie games that came out not long after each other. so its kind a logic to me. the only comments on this that bugs me is that if people say that KF stole stuff from l4d and the other way arround.

personaly i like KF more cause it has a more gritty and serious atmosphere then l4d. there is something in l4d that screams B MOVIE! and that makes it hard for me to immerse myself.. nothing wrong with b movies. but in a game i want to step into my role. and i dont want to feel like a B actor

comparisons will always be made, no matter what happens. if there comes a new realistic wo2 shooter like RO, people will compare it to RO without doubt

Whole point of L4D is to be like a cheesy B-Grade movie. Mission accomplished.

Upvote 0

It's easy to claim someone stole from someone else because, let's be honest, they used a lot of cliches.

The fat guy with poison vomit, the screaming woman, the massive hulking tank, the grunt zombies that slow you down when they grab you, the slightly harder zombies that hit higher, and blah blah bleh blah.

These are so common in zombie lore now, it's like saying WoW copied Everquest by making elves good with magic.

Upvote 0
The whole L4D - KF comparisons kinda annoy me. They do. But it's probably for the better, because it draws a lot of attention to KF. Yes, they are both zombie / survival shooters, but that's it. There is a big difference between the two.

Left 4 Dead plays like a movie, with well-developed characters and "realistic" infected based on the movie 28 Days Later.

Killing Floor falls more in line with oldschool horror shooters like Doom, but has much more realistic weaponry, as well as more tactics.

Both games do their thing very well. I still love L4D, but ever since the KF release I've seen quite a few negative comments about L4D. Oh well, at least many of those people prefer KF over L4D, so that's actually a good thing. :D

Upvote 0
Eh? Killing Floor came out in 2005. L4D came out in 2009 :rolleyes:

im talking about a commercial release here
the mod always been in the shadows. now its retail as of 2009
and as i said. im not defending or attacking any of the 2, i just want to tell that in my opinion the comparsion is not out of place, like most mod people claim. of2 also gets compared to arma 2. Gothic 3 was compared to oblivion,
if a game uses the same output in terms of gameplay it will be compared.
and yes i know OF2 will be a shame, but its still compared

Last edited:
Upvote 0
These are so common in zombie lore now, it's like saying WoW copied Everquest by making elves good with magic.

with that line you hit the nail with the hammer
l4d gets the credit of what killing floor started thats why people hate the comparisons.

its same as with mmo's on mmorpg.com wow is nowhere to be found in the top 10

the reason for this is because the older mmo crowd knows that wow is way more easy and casual, and that wow has some ignorant people that call EQ **** cause it looks bad, while they havent even played it. thats what generates hate toward commerical titles. and most of the underground crowd refuses to play them.

now thats the same what i feel with l4d and KF
l4d is well known. KF a bit less, and if people compare l4d to KF most of the old players will see it as a kind of insult, and jump into defence imidiatly.
i personaly like KF more but i will not start gettin flamey if people talk about l4d.

i understand some of this anger. if titles really get screwed up, like Rainbow six vegas did for the R6 series, or what oblivion did to the elder scrolls fans, but both kf and l4d are not sequels of any series, and are seperate games

Last edited:
Upvote 0