• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Perks reset to 0 after custom map.

Nekrage

Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2009
I was playing a custom map with 4 people, we started the game with all our perks at normal levels. After we finished that game, we voted for the same map. When the map loaded up we have all of our perks at level 0. I changed the server to a different map and it all loaded back up fine. I tried the map in which the perks reset(KF-La_Casa_Muerta-R) and it was at 0 once again.

It seems that map now ALWAYS has the perks at level 0, when it worked fine before...has anyone encountered this before? Know why this occurred? Or had a fix for it? All help is appreciated, thx.

A friend of mine experienced the same problem after his game crashed - all Perks to 0. He reconnected - still 0 - restarted - still 0 - before reconnecting they came back... does anyone know where Perks are stored? Guess it's saved through Steam on their servers to prevent cheating - don't panic I say :D

Upvote 0
sorry to necro this thread back up

sorry to necro this thread back up

I hate to necro what appears to be an old thread, but has there been further news on this? I downloaded some of the custom map packs, and my perks were reset.

This wouldn't be a huge deal if, after moving the custom maps back out of the standard map directory, the game is refusing to allow me to even select a perk, in solo mode. Period. I can't select one to start a solo game, and while I can change at the end of a wave (at the vendor), the in game menu (esc) doesn't allow me to select what perk I want to switch to at the end of the wave.

That's besides the fact that the game is no longer recording the headshots/damage/door hps welded/etc. What gives? Does anyone know how to fix the stat recording, at least? I'll live with re-leveling my perks, since they weren't that high to begin with, but I'm not even playing in the bloody sandbox. I want my perks back, dammit.

*sulk*

Upvote 0
I am having this problem as well. I was playing along and everything was fine about a month ago. Then all of a sudden my perks decided to not work on certain servers. Now they won't work anywhere (as of today). Not on single player, not on any regular server (any kind of map for that matter). Any one have any ideas? I've seen tons of posts about this sort of thing and no one seems to have any answers. I've reinstalled the game, deleted all of the local content, verified the local files, almost everything everyone is telling me to do. I am playing this on a mac with snow leopard and I'm not running any mutators.

Upvote 0