• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Gun Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

h4wky

May 16, 2009
As alot of people are suggestion the addition of new guns in the suggestion forum I decided to create a thread that will compile, the majority of these suggestions.

The Rules:

• One Suggestion per Person.
  • Must Include a Photo.
  • Some information about it.
  • Why is should be included in the game?
  • What class would it fit under?

Hopefully if this goes down well in a few weeks i'll set up a little poll/competiton to see which of the guns suggested should really be in the game. So get posting!

Karabiner 98 Kurz

300px-En-Kar98k_rifle.jpeg

Fits for sharpshooter perk

Why is should be included in the game?
Becus there ist a bolt action rifle now in the game and the K98 is very known and cool

-
he Karabiner 98k was a controlled-feed bolt-action rifle based on the Mauser M 98 system. It could be loaded with five rounds of 7.92x57mm IS ammunition from a stripper clip, loaded into an internal magazine. It was derived from earlier rifles, namely the Karabiner 98b, which in turn had been developed from the Gewehr 98. Since the Karabiner 98k rifle was shorter than the earlier Karabiner 98b from which it was derived (the 98b was a carbine in name only, being identical in length to the Gewehr 98 long rifle), it was given the designation Karabiner 98 Kurz, meaning "Carbine 98 Short". Just like its predecessor, the rifle was noted for its reliability, good accuracy and an effective range of up to 500 meters (547 yards) with iron sights
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karabiner_98k

Upvote 0
FN Five-Seven
(Sorry for huge picture)
fn57_pistol_yxzg.jpg

The FN Five-Seven was the pistol that was made to go straight through body armor and do some massive damage to the person inside the vest. The ammunition it uses is in its name, 5.7; however, the bullet was the most effective to the older types of body armor, instead of the newer types.

I think the game has too much of a margin between 9mm and .50s, so, I think either a 5.7 or a .45 should be in the middle, to give more options of sidearms rather then M9 and Desert Eagle. I was also thinking that it should be able to hit multiple enemies with only one bullet, like the Crossbow.

I think it fits into the Commando perk, just looking at it makes me think about Special Forces.

Upvote 0
MP5:
Swiss_MP5.jpg

The MP5 (short for Maschinenpistole 5 or "machine pistol model 5") is a 9mm submachine gun of German design, developed in the 1960s by a team of engineers from the West German small arms manufacturer Heckler & Koch GmbH (H&K) of Oberndorf am Neckar. The company, encouraged by the success of the G3 automatic rifle, developed a family of small arms consisting of four types of firearms (all based on a common G3 design layout and operating principle), where the first type was chambered in 7.62x51mm NATO, the second—using the 7.62x39mm M43 round, third—the intermediate 5.56x45mm NATO caliber and the fourth type—chambering the 9x19mm Parabellum pistol cartridge. The MP5 was created within the fourth group of firearms and was initially known as the HK54.

I think it fits in both Commando and Medic perks, maybe as a replacement to the double pistol being slightly less powerful than the SA-80.

It would be a good mid-range weapon for dealing with low level zeds like crawlers and clots.

I also +1 to the FiveSeven suggestion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Don't really want to make KF into a CS ripoff, but:

Accuracy International AWSM Sniper Rifle (L115A1)

800px-G22_ohne_Schalldaempfer.jpg

The British Armed Forces adopted the AWSM rifle chambered in .338 Lapua Magnum as the L115A1 Long Range Rifle. The British L115A1 rifles are outfitted with Schmidt & Bender 3-12x50 PM II telescopic sights. The L115A1 is currently (as of 2007) in service with the Royal Marines, British Army and RAF Regiment in Afghanistan and Iraq.
IMO the Sharpshooter could do with a better sniper weapon. Something that packs enough "oompf" to drop the bigger baddies like Fleshpounds and the Patriarch with a few rounds. The AWM is used by the British Royal Marines and Army so it already has points for fitting in with the setting at the very least.

Upvote 0
FN Five-Seven
I was also thinking that it should be able to hit multiple enemies with only one bullet, like the Crossbow.

while i am a massive fan of the five-seven i have to disagree with it having any penetration value beyond armour not reducing its damage.

the FN ammo for the 5-7 and p90 was specificly designed to penetrate an initial layer and then tumble causing as much intoernal damage as possible, in most cases the round wont exit the target unless it hits only soft tissue and organs on the way through. if it does come out its probly going sideways and on a different tragectory.

edit: as much as i would love to see it in i fear overall it would annoy me, it holds 20 rounds or so (i cant remember exactly) and if it was added with decent representational damage it would hit more than the beretta, alost as much as the handcannon, resulting in it being overpowered for the game. alternately it would be nerfed in comparison to the damage it should do which would annoy the FN fanboys like me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
glock-18-01stock_400x275.jpg

Glock18
Selective-fire variant of the Glock 17, developed at the request of the Austrian counter-terrorist unit EKO Cobra. The Glock 18 is not available to the civilian market. This machine pistol-class firearm has a lever-type fire-control selector switch, installed on the left side of the slide, in the rear, serrated portion (selector lever in the bottom position

Upvote 0
while i am a massive fan of the five-seven i have to disagree with it having any penetration value beyond armour not reducing its damage.

the FN ammo for the 5-7 and p90 was specificly designed to penetrate an initial layer and then tumble causing as much intoernal damage as possible, in most cases the round wont exit the target unless it hits only soft tissue and organs on the way through. if it does come out its probly going sideways and on a different tragectory.

edit: as much as i would love to see it in i fear overall it would annoy me, it holds 20 rounds or so (i cant remember exactly) and if it was added with decent representational damage it would hit more than the beretta, alost as much as the handcannon, resulting in it being overpowered for the game. alternately it would be nerfed in comparison to the damage it should do which would annoy the FN fanboys like me.

I have thought about this, and I think the damage should decrease after it hits the first zed.

For example, I fire one bullet at three Clot's heads that are in a line, it kills the first one, possibly kills the second one, but the third one is only injured no matter what. I personally think this reasonable for the bullet considering that the only restriction would be organs and bones, but yet, I'm a .45 fan, so I don't know too much about the 5.7.

Upvote 0
A different more powerful sidearm unique to the commando perk. Just so they have something more powerful to fallback on. It would have the same amount of clips as the Beretta, tho a smaller clipsize like the Deagles. Essentially a one shot headshot/kill with the .45 for clots, crawlers, and stalkers.

Either the Mk23 .45cal
socomleft.jpg

Or the Colt .45 (more viable, I guess...no pic needed).

In this scenario of the game, a .45cal is far superior to the 9mm.
9mm_57x28_45acp.jpg

-----------------9mm-----5.7mm----.45cal------------------

As you can see the .45 should be a welcome asset in this post-apocalyptic world. Even though the one's shown here are ACP, the option to select ammo type (ie; hollow point goodness) would greatly improve the dynamics of most firefights.

ACP/FMJ - Automatic Cartridge Pistol/Full Metal Jacket - Your standard bullets. - All around Normal penetration, damage, and stopping power.
AP - Armour Piercing - Inside the bullet is a metal core that continues through the impact area causing further trauma. Only efficient on targets with a thick hide (so to speak). Using it on the smaller targets just goes through them. To be used for Fleshpounds, Scrakes, Bloats, and The Pat. - High penetration, Nomal damage, Weak stopping power.
JSP/JHP - Jacketed Soft/Hollow Point - Alot of variations of the hollowpoint exist, essentially the tip of the bullet collapses upon impact increasing the diameter as it hits a target. - Weak penetration, High damage, High stopping power.

Bullet types would be selectable for the 9mm, *.45cal/modified for *5.7mm, Deagles, Bullpup, and Rifle. The shotguns should have a selection for either Buck or Slugs.

* (if only)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.