• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

L.a.w.

Well, the real LAW is pretty tiny, and only has ironsights. It's also disposable... so you could have 1 kg LAWs that cost 300 pounds or something and you can buy however many you need. It'd make them more versatile, at least.
But you'd think that something called a "Light Anti Vehicle Weapon" hits and hurts vehicles. Well, apparently a scrape is the ultimate tank. I find myself having to shoot 5+ rockets at him to make him fall down. When I could have just as easily shot him with 4 pump shotty, then a hunted shotty alt fire to his face to drop him. Or 4 hunted alt fire.

Then what about the radius? It's so terrible, only things standing directly 1 person around your target will get hit with it. Maybe. I've hit mobs off by just an inch in the ground, and it doesn't affect them. Either that or the damage is still pitiful. Just to add to the scrape taking 5+ rockets, that's if you don't miss one by an inch or two, because they apparently don't have nearly any AOE.

I just feel something is missing here when that happens... If the idea of a gun that big in comparison to normal weapons, and that expensive, is to take down "bigger" things. Then why is it terrible most of the time, and ok at best? It usually takes 2-4 shots with the law to kill a fleshpound WITH support, and every time I hit him with it, he will go red. Something is just missing here. Something called balance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Fire a LAW at a monster. Watch your shotgun damage required to level Special Support go up.

What does this tell me? LAW actually already has a set of perks assigned to it - Shotguns.

Also go special support and take note of the fact that you get the additional max ammo increase that you'd normally get with a shotgun apply to LAW.

I'm fairly sure the damage bonus would carry over, but I'll have to test that one.

They however do not get a discount on the Law like shotguns.

Upvote 0
My biggest problem with it is that the bloody thing goes straight through the patriarch half the time. I was playing tonight and at least half of my rockets left a smoke trail that clipped straight through his chest and off into the field behind him. And that's not an unusual occurrence. The same also frequently happens with the flamethrower (where it fails to ignite large Zeds). I really don't know why it's such an issue though, as UE2 handles RO's projectiles just fine and they're far faster velocity (and therefore more prone to collision problems).

Upvote 0
My biggest problem with it is that the bloody thing goes straight through the patriarch half the time. I was playing tonight and at least half of my rockets left a smoke trail that clipped straight through his chest and off into the field behind him. And that's not an unusual occurrence. The same also frequently happens with the flamethrower (where it fails to ignite large Zeds). I really don't know why it's such an issue though, as UE2 handles RO's projectiles just fine and they're far faster velocity (and therefore more prone to collision problems).

I thought I saw this happen also. I'm glad I wasn't just seeing things. Hopefully this gets fixed soon. It might correct the "I shot four rockets at that thing and it didn't die!" scenerios.

Upvote 0
Who's got : The L.a.w. That Broke The Camel's Back ?

It's fairly easy to get actually. Hell I got it playing solo mode.
Just do a normal-hard solo game as either a berserker or medic with increased run speed and dot some LAWs around the map. You can outrun the patriarch when he cloaks most times and simply fire a LAW as you reach one and drop it.

Upvote 0