• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New machete skin.

Electrocuuute

Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2009
I know that since it's a skin it probably won't get changed (and the fact that no one really uses the machete anyways, correct me if I'm wrong), but
is it just me or does it look like an old oversized shaving razor?
It doesn't even seem to be long enough to look like a machete!
And it looks waaaay to similar to the knife. The only difference is like a few inches in length and the square tip.

I'm a berserker and I prefer the machete over the fire axe and the chainsaw, I use no extra guns apart from the default 9mm.
I find the chainsaw to be too heavy and thus I get mobbed trying to run from things.
The fire axe, while light enough, does not attack fast enough for me to extend my ZED time.
The machete I prefer because it is very light and I can run from anything and still provides the ability to instantly kill a crawler and stalker no matter where I hit them, and critical headshots still kill Gorefasts instantly.

Upvote 0
The machete I prefer because it is very light and I can run from anything and still provides the ability to instantly kill a crawler and stalker no matter where I hit them, and critical headshots still kill Gorefasts instantly.

Agreed.
Machete (+Berserk) can decapitate most enemys in a single blow.
Unlike the axe, you can strike multiple times.

[...]
is it just me or does it look like an old oversized shaving razor?
It doesn't even seem to be long enough to look like a machete!

Ever seen John Rambo's knife in Rambo IV ?

Upvote 0