• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Cannot find friend's "Listen" server

Agerion

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 15, 2009
Hello everyone. It seems I am having a problem many other people are having, and the issue has NOT been resolved. I may be doing something simple, though, so I'll post exactly what happens.

My friend on steam has the game, and we both loaded it up. My friend (Chris) hosted a Listen Server with all ports forwarded, and starts up the game. I looked EVERYWHERE, but his server doesn't even show up on the list.

I hit the "~" key and pulled up the console. I typed "open" and put in his IP address. It opened the window that said "Connection (F10 Cancels) KillingFloor://[IP Address Here]/index.rom" with [IP Adress Here] being his IP address (duh). There were constantly changing images of zombies and players in the background while I waited, but after ten minutes of waiting I realized nothing would happen. Why won't his server show up for me to play, and why does the console only give me an eternal connecting screen?

It would be appreciated if someone actually posted some REAL HELP here instead of posts repeating what I just said and saying "THIS HAPPENS TO ME, TOO!" Personally, I think this game is a waste of time without multilayer.

I would love some help...

Hey fellow Georgian,

First of all make sure all porst are openend/forwarded if you are hosting a listen server:

7707 UDP/IP (Game Port)
7708 UDP/IP (Query Port)
7717 UDP/IP (GameSpy Query Port)
28852 TCP/IP and UDP (Allows your Server to Connect to the Master Server Browser)
8075 TCP/IP (Port set via ListenPort that your WebAdmin will run on)
20560 UDP/IP (Steam Port)

Additionally try this if you are hosting a server behind a router:

Look for:

Code:
[IpDrv.MasterServerUplink]

in your killingfloor.ini

below that change:
Code:
ServerBehindNAT=False

to:

Code:
ServerBehindNAT=True

Upvote 0
Friend unable to join

Friend unable to join

I am having the same problem. I have opened all necessary ports. My friend can only sometimes join the game and once were both in, we hit "ready" and he sort of times out and it says "awaiting server status". Basically unable to play in the same game as each other. Any ideas why?

Upvote 0
Yeah, I seem to have the same issue. I've opened all my ports for killing floor and even took the extra step of opening the unrealtournement2004 ports just to see if it would make a difference. Once i did this i had some friends try to join my listen server several times, yet it fail.

If anyone can find a solution to this problem and maybe reply it would be very helpful.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I seem to have the same issue. I've opened all my ports for killing floor and even took the extra step of opening the unrealtournement2004 ports just to see if it would make a difference. Once i did this i had some friends try to join my listen server several times, yet it fail.

If anyone can find a solution to this problem and maybe reply it would be very helpful.
Same issue here, opened all ports, and even disabled my Routers firewall after it failed the first few times, but still nothing.

My friends find the server name, but cannot connect through Steam Friends and when attempting to connect, are stuck on the connecting screen for several minutes before a failure.

Upvote 0