• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics The patriarch

Vitto

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 18, 2009
What about this guy ?

Even in normal he's really hard to beat.
I don' t complain about this, but we don' t know **** about him, except he is Chuck Norris'corpse brought back to life .

I heard he can heal himself, how does he do that ?
How to prevent him from healing?
What makes the most damage to that bastard ?

Any tip appreciated.

What about this guy ?

I don' t complain about this, but we don' t know **** about him, except he is Chuck Norris'corpse brought back to life .

Any tip appreciated.
In order...

1. He turns invisble and runs away to a nerby spot usually

2. You can't, but if you kill all the specimens that he summons, and you find him and hit him once he will stop heal

3. Flamethrower or L.A.W.

Generally, killing the Patriarch is a b**** Considering he has a ton of health, can turn invisble, can heal himself, can melee, and the fact that he has a rocket launcher machinegun attached to his left arm...

Edit: sorry accidently submitted still typeing

Anyways, When he first apears he starts coming towards you, in some direction, the first thing you wan't to do is get prepared, heal up and stuff, then look and listen for him to come, if you hear him you beter get ready because hes invisable and hes gana pop up in some teammates face and give him a big punch in the gut sending your teammate flying. To avoid this i sugest to keep moving...He might do this a few times so when you pops up give him everything you got.

Then after a certain ammount of dammage he will turn invisible and run away to some nearby spot to heal... and about 13 clots will come in all of a sudden. (will finish this latter dont have enough time to finish this post :))

Last edited:
Upvote 0
he is hard to beat, yes, but we did it a couple of times! L.A.W. is your best friend against him! Wide areas, like farm or westlondon are the easiest spots to kill him!

strangely I bet the patriarch the first time I played Killing floor, on normal, solo player, biotech labor -.-

but it seems he is much stronger the more players are with you!

Upvote 0
His health is scaled to the amount of players in the game. Not sure if it takes into account the levels of the perks being used as well.

Anyway, I find the LAW to be the worst weapon you can use against him. If everyone has the hunting shotgun, and dual hand-cannons then he's pretty easy, and you usually only lose one team-mate. Someone could also have the flamethrower, since it makes it easier to see him once he cloaks.

Upvote 0
The flamethrower is a must-have if you have more than 2 or 3 people, as it's much easier to follow him when you can see him burning. So, get your firebug to ignite the bastard, and then have the rest of the team unload on him. When he stealths, follow him and keep shooting. Make sure the flamethrower can keep him on fire as well, so you all know where he is.

Upvote 0
Someone using rank 2+ commando can usually chase down the patriach while he's invisible and fleeing. He's fast, but with practice you'll be able to track him with little to no effort. Don't keep shooting at him though, let him stop to start healing, then open fire on him. You'll stop him from healing and since he won't be in the process of fleeing he'll make an easy target to concentrate fire. My suggestion, depends on the settings. In friendly fire situiations use shotguns and such to avoid killing each other. If friendly fire is off use a flamethrower (not multiple) along with shotguns, handcannons, or what ever you're gifted with.

I track him down every game I can and kill him that way. My favorite method is to have a bullpup and dual handcannons. I use the bullpup to mow down clots that get in my way while I'm running then either use bullpup or handcannons on the patriarch once he's stopped to start healing.

Upvote 0
If you notice on his side, he has three vials of red liquid. He uses these to heal, and thus can only heal three times. I checked this myself. Even at little HP he would not heal after the third time.

Commando chase works well on easier difficulties (doesn't seem to on hard).

LAW does not works except on beginner. But on beginner I can knife the partriarch. LAW is too slow, too weak, too heavy, and has too little ammo. Shottys, HSs, and Flamers are good. A high level commando with a pup is even acceptable (very high DPS). 'chester, dual 9mm, HCs (as a main weapon), and such are not very good, except, perhaps, with a group that works well together and has a strategy. Still, they aren't very viable.

Upvote 0
I never actually realized that the commando could see him in cloak mode, but I guess it makes sense. I'll need to remember to try that next game, even if the Commando doesn't have a Bullpup (something about that thing strikes me as powerful weak.)

One strategy I've only heard of, but never executed correctly (or know if it works) is trapping the Patriarch. Most common cause of failure is letting him heal too many times. But sometimes even following him when he runs, he'll go too fast and you can't find him. So, what my team did (or, attempted to do) was get in a room and barricade 2 of the 3 doors leading in. Then, as soon as we saw him come in, someone shut and welded the last door before opening up on him.

Can anyone tell me whether that would work? We got killed because we were all split up and didn't have much of a plan past that.

Upvote 0
What about this guy ?

Any tip appreciated.

He doesn't fit into the game design. I vote to either remove him and have tough fp as the the last wave or remove his invisibility.

Upvote 0
What about this guy ?

Any tip appreciated.

tips, since the rest have been answered:

I've found that staying in close quarter areas prove best when fighting the Patriarch. Circling around cars, telephone booths, etc to avoid his machine gun and rocket launcher. When he fires his machine gun there is a delay between his two shots which gives you time to fire your LAW. Also, when he goes invisible I like to pull out my knife so I can move quickly in-case he appears next to me.

-thoughts: i've been wondering if he has a weak point (his chest) he reminds me of one of the bosses in House of the Dead 2 with his exposed chest, which was his weak point.. so maybe. i'll have to test it more.

Upvote 0
A single firebug at level 4 can nuke 7000 of the patriarch's health in one cannister of fuel.

I've found it best that two level 4/5 firebugs stay hidden in selected parts of the "Area of engagement" and burn the hell out of the patriarch while a level 5 medic kites him (It's possible as i do it alot - just go bare, body armour + pistol ammo and grenades... run zig-zag diagonally when he opens up his chain-gun on you and you will take a tiny amount of damage even on suicidal) and have two other classes dealing additional damage, preferably to his head, and once he is down on the floor crouching/kneeling, have someone run up to him and throw a few grenades at his feet and then alt fire using the Hunting shotgun to his face. He takes too much damage before he can heal, and if the medic kites him properly you will keep him running in circles maximising the damage the firebugs do to him.

A level 5 commando will be able to spot him with like a 25 meter range even when invisible, so having one or two of them is good for safety, just make sure they use their microphones lol, when patty runs off to heal, the commando's need to follow him and when he tries to heal, they need to blast him while they tell the team where he is.

Oh yeah, and it's a key factor that the team have names for certain locations on the map. like "Double bus tunnel"

Works flawlessly for my team and we even killed him on suicidal earlier for the first time in 40+ tries on london. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One strat i found quite useful:

Cramp the whole team into a small/medium room and let the pat enter it, no welding doors... then after he enters the team closes the entrances and weld it shut. Then proceed to eliminate him, weld the doors if he tries to break it and be careful to not blow up the doors.

One or two players can die , but it is much easier to stop his healing.

Upvote 0
Isn't the Patriarch the president of Horzine, who apparently had marital problems with his wife and sought to make his own family of mutants. :D This is all I have deducted thus far from certain level cues, portraits, and Patriarch mumbling.

what clues led you to this? explain? that would actually be kind've interesting to know, if only as some simple trivia :p

Upvote 0