• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Details about which engine killing floor uses???? not as stupid as it may sound

guts118

May 18, 2009
hi guys,

first off I've gotta say that this is an awesome game. I have been making ut2004 mods for quite a while now, and am very interesting in doing things for Killing Floor.

Can you tell me about the game engine??

I assume it runs on the ut3 engine, however the killing floor editor seems to be the ut2004 editor. This is what I am used to, I have just been able to make a map for it in about 5 mins. But I have never used the ut3 editor.

So can you tell me if this is the ut3 editor, with the interface from ut2004 editor?

Cheers
Guts

which means it basically runs on the same engine as UT2004. It shares the same scripting functions etc.
But the old UT04 engine wasn't enough for Tripwire, so they added new graphical effects to it, and uses Dx9 instead of Dx8.1.
I must say that KF really looks like a 2009 title. Such an old engine, but such a beauty, I love it. (especially the pure awesomes on the weapons.)

Upvote 0
which means it basically runs on the same engine as UT2004. It shares the same scripting functions etc.
But the old UT04 engine wasn't enough for Tripwire, so they added new graphical effects to it, and uses Dx9 instead of Dx8.1.
I must say that KF really looks like a 2009 title. Such an old engine, but such a beauty, I love it. (especially the pure awesomes on the weapons.)

That is, until you get to the flashlight... That needs a lot of work to look even OK. :/

Upvote 0
The KF engine isn't much of a UT engine anymore. RO was a modified version of UT2.5, and KF is a modified version of RO's engine, so its probably more TWI than UT by now. One place the dev team have always busted their chops is in the first person weapon models, from RO and right into KF, they look spectacular. And yes the light from the flashlight could use some tidying up.

Upvote 0