• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Real-time Bear Attack Simulator [mod idea]

Nimsky

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Elitist Prick Nude Beach
Killing Floor was called "Real-time Bear Attack Simulator" on Steam when it was still a closed beta. I've seen Yoshiro play it, not knowing that it was Killing Floor.

This gave me an idea.

Make a Real-time Bear Attack Simulator mod for KF. It would work like this: you play a group of hunters who have somehow gotten lost in the woods. You're trying to make it through the woods, but you keep getting attacked by bears (they replace the specimen). Grizzly bears, Kodiak bears, Brown bears and Black bears. Maybe even a few killer squirrels. You start out with your regular hunting rifles, but you can buy other weapons from the trader who resides in a couple of hunting lodges scattered throughout the level. You can buy revolvers, AR-15s, different scopes, etc. You win the level by killing the King Of The Forest: a huge pissed off bear with a lot of hp.

It would be comedy gold.

Love the idea.
I'd jump in if I knew more about how modable KF is atm.

It IS modable, but with some limitations like with the perks. Plus I'm not very familiar with mutators alone. TC mods are way easier to produce for the engine.

Also, when I read forest maps, I am thinking about having larger scaled maps with rocky cliffs, rivers different types of vegetation and whatnot. Maybe even a couple of small caves and wooden cottages to really strenghten the atmosphere..
Another map could be a little abandoned town in the outback with forest surrounding it where normal specimen could spawn...OR bears..deers..squirrels.. xD :p (would be hilarious to have them in shops)

If there's someone interested in it, shout it out here. And tell us on what sort of things you could help on the mod.

I have experience with Uscript - models/animation/texturing (and well..pretty much with everything that is required to create a TC mod for UT04, which has no real difference to KF, although for KF it needs to be done with mutators/map coding)

(my project www.marswars.net.tc )

Last edited:
Upvote 0