• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design KF-Arcade-Action-v2

Half-Dead

Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2009
Seattle, WA
Hey everyone I decided since i can't map worth **** yet i'd make an old map from KF Mod compatible with KF Retail :D. The map was made by shinobi

The bugs have been fixed and it is now 100% playable
Download: http://files.filefront.com/KF+Arcade+Action+V2zip/;13777318;/fileinfo.html

Pictures
---------------
2i9jjah.jpg

30i7qft.jpg

2zs7na1.jpg

33mpu2b.jpg

I still need to get the trader's window to shut and add the pathway thing that leads to the trader after the wave

Last edited:
be sure to put killing volume under the ground, because in mod the specimens used to fell down under the map somehow o.o
Don't worry they don't ;) atleast not anymore. i've been playing it with my friends on lan for nearly 10 hours and haven't had any issues but i'll put it down there just in case.

Anyways the map is now 100% playable now i'm just getting the traders window to shut and it will be done.
NEW PICS
se7f5j.jpg

Wait......wut?
196wps.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How do you manage with textures & extra packages required by the level? Everytime when I try to host my converted maps, it says "Can't find file for package X", it does work when I put all the KFMod textures in my Retail KF folder, but it'd be hard to distribute the map like that..

Anyways, if that ain't a problem, I guess we can easily convert all these maps, the download will only be huge.. :p

So, how did you do it?

Upvote 0
How do you manage with textures & extra packages required by the level? Everytime when I try to host my converted maps, it says "Can't find file for package X", it does work when I put all the KFMod textures in my Retail KF folder, but it'd be hard to distribute the map like that..

Anyways, if that ain't a problem, I guess we can easily convert all these maps, the download will only be huge.. :p

So, how did you do it?
I don't know if UnrealEd, can do this. But in Hammer (the level editor for half life games), you can add a line in the compile to make it add any extra textures you used in your map into the actual file of the map. So instead of having to distribute full .wad files (same as packages in unreal), the couple of textures you used from the large compilation of textures are in the actual game file itself. And in hl2 and it's mods, there is a program that lets you open up the actual level file, and put the files in the map. Ex:I used two extra textures, a custom model, and 2 custom sound files, all I have to do is open the level with the program, and add those files inside. It then re archives the file with all the files you put into it. (Making it so servers don't have to distribute a ton of files.

But yeah, if unrealed has something like that, it would help for this.

Upvote 0
I hosted this map on my server last night with 6 people and it seemed a little too easy to hold up in of the bunkers and kill. Also, this map is HUGE and the mobs come down the street in rather obvious paths. This brings me to my real question...Would it be possible for you to add 4 Traders, one in each corner, that are open at the same time at the end of the wave? The reason is I really want to put 24 or 32 players on this map instead of 6. The players could all hold up in groups inside the bunkers and fend off the specimens. I think it'd be really neat and would hopefully have a ded svr setup just for maps like that. I just want to know if it's possible for you to add that. Thanks!

Upvote 0