• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Random Smoke Puffs??

kikinchaz

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 17, 2006
When your not the host on a listen server theres random smoke puffs that appear all over the place. My friends spoke about it when I was host and I thought they were just crazy or it was to do with them having lower settings.

However after playing tonight on another friends server I started to notice them myself. No idea why they occur, they dont seem to happen from anything, and its often when you turn round the corner to a new area for example there will be smoke puffs.

Pretty annoying speshly when they appear in a doorway that you need to see through. Seems like another "only when your not host on a listen server" bug to add to the list.

Ok, that's why one of my friend doesn't see them, it's because he's the server...
These smoke puffs are smoke effect for a grenade explosion. For some reason they are not removed from the level when they fade out and the effect is replayed when you return or look to the area where a grenade exploded.
Hope it will be fixed soom cause it may cause severe fps drops when accumulated.

Upvote 0