• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is a boxed version coming to the stores?

AgeAss

May 16, 2009
Germany
Hi everybody,

congratulations for the release of KF. I really don't want to miss out and would like to buy the game, but unfortunatly it is only available over steam.

Since i'm from germany i'm afraid to get a cut version, once TW made one, so i'd rather not buy the game on steam. I read on this forum that TW are planning to make one for the german market.

Will there be a retail-version, so i can mailorder the uk-version and get a non-cut cd-key?

Hi everybody,

congratulations for the release of KF. I really don't want to miss out and would like to buy the game, but unfortunatly it is only available over steam.

Since i'm from germany i'm afraid to get a cut version, once TW made one, so i'd rather not buy the game on steam. I read on this forum that TW are planning to make one for the german market.

Will there be a retail-version, so i can mailorder the uk-version and get a non-cut cd-key?
Doesn't work either because you'll have to register your key on Steam aswell.

Upvote 0
Doesn't work either because you'll have to register your key on Steam aswell.

As far as i know, it works this way:
steam checks your cd-key. if it is a key for an uncut-version you get the uncut-one.
at least that works for me with left4dead, that i bought in the uk-version over mailorder. also if you get it gifted from a country with the uncut-version, you are fine.

but if you buy through steam, i read, you will get the version available in your country, so for me the german one, when there will be one in the future. thats why i fear they might change my verson once there is a cut german-one.

also: if steam decides to change my verson to a cut-one some time by chance, i at least can say i have a key for the uncut-one...maybe that will persuade them to re-change it.

everytime i read about this issue people come up with different opinions. would be nice if a dev could shed some light on this.

Upvote 0
hey if one of you german guys want to try being gifted the full version, add my steam username [EGN]__Razer_Pro Two " _ " on the first part, i messed up lol. Ill get home around either 2 or 5 today depending how my hospital visit goes :) ill gift you 1 and see what happens. Dont worry about paying me back or anything.

Upvote 0
hey if one of you german guys want to try being gifted the full version, add my steam username [EGN]__Razer_Pro Two " _ " on the first part, i messed up lol. Ill get home around either 2 or 5 today depending how my hospital visit goes :) ill gift you 1 and see what happens. Dont worry about paying me back or anything.

Just so you know, even with editing your name, it doesn't work.

Upvote 0
If there will be a german cut version, and my and other german versions are re-cut, a main part of the fun in the game will simply vanish. Carnage is part of the fuel which keeps KF burning so hot. Compared to RO, were the fuel lies more on the tactis and movement, KF needs blood'n guts.
Imagine ZEDtime without those lovely splatter scenes -> boring.
So my hope is, that the USK won't get their dirty hands on this one, because
I fear, that many germans would stop playing KF, when they have to use a "children" - version of the game.

locked'n loaded

primalheretic

Upvote 0