• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ZED time, not very helpful and annoying

Perfectblue

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 29, 2009
I will a user on the steam forum, as his thoughts mimic my own.

Currently the ZEDTime serves no purpose at all and can be annoying when you're trying to heal a team mate or weld a door. It doesn't give you an advantage because you also enter slow-mo mode with the enemies, moving at the same speed.

I have to agree. ZED time triggers too much and is rather annoying, while consequently giving you minimal strategic advantage.

Reactions: Slappy Cromwell

Currently the ZEDTime serves no purpose at all and can be annoying when you're trying to heal a team mate or weld a door. It doesn't give you an advantage because you also enter slow-mo mode with the enemies, moving at the same speed.

I have to agree. ZED time triggers too much and is rather annoying, while consequently giving you minimal strategic advantage.

your thread asks no question and makes no new point, in fact it would be a great mediocre post here.

Upvote 0
There was a thread about providing options for some servers to turn off ZEDtime. I understand how some people find it annoying, but I think an option is a much more acceptable conclusion than getting rid of it completely.

I think it is very useful when I play. It gives me extra control on my aiming especially in panic moments, and I happen to think it just looks friggin' cool.

So my opinion stays the same as the other thread:
Turn off option for some servers = Yes
Completely remove from game = no

Upvote 0
It was said that there will be an option to turn it off.

Regardless I would have to say I have never found it overtly annoying (sure when it triggers when you are halfway across the map, it has little relevance to you actions) but it is possible to make the most of it by getting off some head shot or seeing all the enemies around you or just a breather to get a handle at what is going on.

Upvote 0
I will say the same here as I said on the Steam forums.

It's absolutely perfect the way it is. It's so satisfying to blow off some heads in slow motion. Don't understand why anyone wouldn't like it.

quote!

Z.E.D. Time is one of those things that makes Killing Floor absolutely awesome!
And it's not just last minute candy that developers put in the game, it's a very well polished aspect of the game, that I think took lot of effort to be realized.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
While it looks cool it is totally useless.

1. You have no idea when it will happen.

2. Most of the time other people get ZED time I'm not even looking at an enemy or I'm reloading.

3. It's totally ****ing pointless with guns like Shotguns or the bolt action rifles.

It triggers after the first shot, and then the whole time your slowed down, you don't even get away a second shot, you're still watching the gun kick back.

Upvote 0

2. Most of the time other people get ZED time I'm not even looking at an enemy or I'm reloading.

3. It's totally ****ing pointless with guns like Shotguns or the bolt action rifles.

It triggers after the first shot, and then the whole time your slowed down, you don't even get away a second shot, you're still watching the gun kick back.

the game has bolt action rifles? And if I recall after going up a level or two your favorite weapons have significantly less recoil, so you should be back on target in time. And whether or not you are looking at a target is a testament to your skills, not ZED time.

I say it stays, man law.

Upvote 0

Shotgun headshots with ZED time are the best! theyre epic, i think zed time is fine and helps alot.

Upvote 0
Axel there is no need to get so defensive. I really enjoy this game but this feature, just like the voice acting, happens whey too frequently. Often times when a guild mate is running through a wave of zombies he will trigger ZED time 3x in a row, and this occurs frequently! Because ZED time happens so frequently myself and guild mates often find our self doing the following in slow mo: reloading, welding, healing which gets old quick.

Upvote 0

strategic advantage is NOT THE POINT OF ZED TIME. it is to celebrate awesome kills

Upvote 0

1.) Ummm I know when it happens.

3) No its really not.

Upvote 0

1. No need to know, when it happens you use it at your advantage

2. and your proble is ?

3. it's not, and even if it would, it's just nice to watch

Upvote 0