• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why are people afraid of being healed

TravisTouchdown

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 17, 2009
I mostly see this from Berserkers, but there's at least one person using any perk doing this in every game I've played.
You see that one person in low health, usually who had been in the middle of like a whole swarm of clots, frantically swinging their fire axe, when they realize "oh **** i am about to die". They beat their way out of the swarm and over to me, where I presume that they want to be healed. I whip out the syringe and hit the button, but it turns out he kept running. So I end up chasing him down stabbing the needle in the air, just missing him because he's scared of needles or something, until eventually I just decide to let him run off and die somewhere or heal himself or something.

Has anybody else seen this?

Last edited:
All the time.

I have to admit though, I personally don't pay that much attention to the healthbar either. I run around shooting stuff, and then after a few minutes I realise: Damn, I've only got 10HP left.

Maybe it's just me, but I think it should be a bit more..noticeable, if you're getting hit and perhaps also make the health a bit more obvious? Maybe in terms of a colored bar that goes red/yellow/green as well instead of just the HP in numbers?

Upvote 0
All the time.

I have to admit though, I personally don't pay that much attention to the healthbar either. I run around shooting stuff, and then after a few minutes I realise: Damn, I've only got 10HP left.

Maybe it's just me, but I think it should be a bit more..noticeable, if you're getting hit and perhaps also make the health a bit more obvious? Maybe in terms of a colored bar that goes red/yellow/green as well instead of just the HP in numbers?

Maybe if you have under 25HP, make your guy walk 50% slower. That'd surely make it easier for Medic. :p

Upvote 0
I mostly see this from Berserkers, but there's at least one person using any perk doing this in every game I've played.
You see that one person in low health, usually who had been in the middle of like a whole swarm of clots, frantically swinging their fire axe, when they realize "oh **** i am about to die". They beat their way out of the swarm and over to me, where I presume that they want to be healed. I whip out the syringe and hit the button, but it turns out he kept running. So I end up chasing him down stabbing the needle in the air, just missing him because he's scared of needles or something, until eventually I just decide to let him run off and die somewhere or heal himself or something.

Has anybody else seen this?

actually personally o usually heal myself why you may ask? becuse most players are so clumpsy and block and get you killed. so there is the reason i guess.

Upvote 0
ususaly when i host my server i turn on FF at 15%...

and what happened was the berserker ends up being the most undesirable person to heal as they chiansaw/axe you while u try to heal them even when they were told FF was on...

the next problem is... while u're healing someone... if a speciment appear close to u... u get hit by a shotgun from a third member... *rawrrrrr....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ususaly when i host my server i turn on FF at 15%...

and what happened was the berserker ends up being the most undesirable person to heal as they chiansaw/axe you while u try to heal them even when they were told FF was on...

the next problem is... while u're healing someone... if a speciment appear close to u... u get hit by a shotgun from a third member... *rawrrrrr....

Then turn FF off? It is so dumb in a game like this when people are frantically shooting everywhere and there are specs on top of ppl it gets hard to save them

Upvote 0
I'd like to try a game with ff on 100%, even if I had to tone down the difficulty a notch. To me, that would be more fun than having it off with a higher difficulty level.

But yeah, I see this all the time, players running around with extremely low health, and sometimes no creatures even in the area. They won't stand still. I have also seen the opposite, calling for a medic, going up to someone hoping they might heal you (as it is better for them, not you to do it), and they completely ignore you, again, no creatures even around.

go figure...

Upvote 0
Yeah theres some strange scare between players to actually co-op and help each others.

And one other thing that really annoys me is that when I see a weapon or vessel and I already have them or can't carry more, people never comes to you when I try to indicate and even type that heres a weapon on the ground. One time I saw an axe on the ground and even typed the guys name and said heres axe for you(he was berserker) and what did this guy do...ran past me to trader and when I went there he had bought axe :rolleyes:.

Last edited:
Upvote 0