• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server 30 slot servers will kill your game.

Cc2iscooL

May 14, 2009
I've been noticing a trend with dedicated server owners nowadays. What is it with people wanting tons of slots, like more than the game is meant to support? What does it accomplish? How does it make the game fun or enjoyable?

See here.

http://www.game-monitor.com/vendettaa_GameServer/77.105.228.100:28858/Denglades_Hell_3.html

Hopefully you guys will be able to delist servers with over the standard amount of players...otherwise I think you will see a lot more...like TF2 and 32 slot instant respawn deathmatch servers. :(

I've been noticing a trend with dedicated server owners nowadays.....

Keyword: Owners.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but that server doesn't look very empty, so would that mean people actually like it?

Why Deslist? I'm not sure if you have played the game much Cc2 but I saw am ingame message last night announcing a custom filter that removes custom/modded servers such as these.

Why do you want to delist them from the serverlist I don't see how this could help anything anyone other than people who randomly click servers before seeing the rules/mutators.

Upvote 0
I guess I'm getting old, but I miss the camaraderie you feel when you have only a handful of guys on your team. The utter chaos and mayhem starts to dull your senses after so long. This causes COH players to turn to Total War, and eventually Making History or HOI, the big booms and super weapons lend way to tactics and cunning.

Upvote 0
I've been noticing a trend with dedicated server owners nowadays. What is it with people wanting tons of slots, like more than the game is meant to support? What does it accomplish? How does it make the game fun or enjoyable?

See here.

[url]http://www.game-monitor.com/vendettaa_GameServer/77.105.228.100:28858/Denglades_Hell_3.html[/URL]

Hopefully you guys will be able to delist servers with over the standard amount of players...otherwise I think you will see a lot more...like TF2 and 32 slot instant respawn deathmatch servers. :(

I just did it with 20 to see what would happen, it was great, but the lag was too much. What I want to do is go the highest possible number. Also, when I increased the number, the number of zombies increased also. We all got a good laugh. To me, 6 people is not enough. I would like to run 10 slots so more of my friends can join in, such as a squad size.

Upvote 0
I just did it with 20 to see what would happen, it was great, but the lag was too much. What I want to do is go the highest possible number. Also, when I increased the number, the number of zombies increased also. We all got a good laugh. To me, 6 people is not enough. I would like to run 10 slots so more of my friends can join in, such as a squad size.

how did u get more than 6 im interested in making tests to see how stable it is and whats the max capacity.

Upvote 0
We got a 40 slot running for the last 2 days.

We have modified the amount of zombies alive on the map at one time, so that the players all have zombies to kill.

The server difficulty is at Hard and players working together are successfully able to get to get to the Patriarch.

Been stable and a lot of fun.

We are doing more tweaks for balancing.

Upvote 0
We got a 40 slot running for the last 2 days.

We have modified the amount of zombies alive on the map at one time, so that the players all have zombies to kill.

The server difficulty is at Hard and players working together are successfully able to get to get to the Patriarch.

Been stable and a lot of fun.

We are doing more tweaks for balancing.

Are perks available, able to level?
And do you have to turn on the 40 man each map change?

Upvote 0

See here.

[url]http://www.game-monitor.com/vendettaa_GameServer/77.105.228.100:28858/Denglades_Hell_3.html[/URL]

I am one of the be-crazed server ops you're talking about. I have a "clan" of +500 anda community of thousands to look after, so having high player slot servers is a requirement.

Piddly little 4/6 man servers are not enough, fine for a few mates, but not for us, 24 slots and above are needed, ideally 32 or more!!

We've been on the hunt for a decent zombie based game for years, zombie panic is poor, L4D is stoopidly capped, CS:S, DOD and TF2 (note I helped with the TF2 version) versions are weak. I was outraged when Vavle released L4D and no matter how the rest fo the community rave about it, its too smal and I won;t buy it under protest, when clearly the market is there for 32/64 slot games.

Apologies for the rant, just a view from a server op :)

Matt

Upvote 0
I was outraged when Vavle released L4D
Are you always outraged whenever anyone releases a game that doesn't cater to your specific requirements? The market for small scale co-operative games has been depressingly neglected up until recently. There are dozens of available games out there that cater towards your requirements for high player capacity; sorry if none of them are zombie-based, but it's pretty much a staple of the zombie genre that a SMALL band of survivors are pitted against the zombie horde.

Upvote 0