• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Mod Site

Sandcrawler

Grizzled Veteran
May 16, 2009
Hello, I just came by to let you all know I have started a Killing Floor Modification Informational site. You can find it here

I currently have three Mapping tutorials, covering the basics up to Setting up the Trader, and Zombie Spawn. There will be more, covering skyboxes, terrain, volumes and zones, and movers at least probably more. You can find the tutorials on the Mapping Page.

I also have a download center for the files in progress. I haven't had time to finish testing it, but it should be finished by Monday.

-Sandcrawler

I updated the second tutorial today to include a guide on pickups, it seems like you need a Ammo pickup for the map to work right.

I also have two servers up now.

The first one is set to private, if anybody want to test a map, or a mod let me know. You'll need to send me the files, but otherwise that what its there for. The second server is for rotating custom maps, I have sherwood up on there now, and I'm going to see about adding some more. The server does redirect download toa compressed file so it should be a very fast download.

The downloads section on the website is now up and working, I still have a few kinks to work out, but I won't know about them until its used more. You can find that here.

Upvote 0
Just looked around the SDK and realized that this game is a UT 2.5 engine mod, so it looks like I'll be doing some custom map making. I did a lot of map making in Unreal Ed 2.0 so I'm pretty familiar with how 2.5 Ed works.

When I get around to doing some designs and working on them, I'll be sure to post them at your site.

And by the way... those ads are pretty bad, but I understand the need to fund your hosting.

Upvote 0
The download section is now up, and updated. here.

I also updated the Path Node tutorial to include a way to test if your Path Nodes are connecting or not. And a little bit of information on the KFZombieVolume, which blocks players but allows zombies to pass through it.*

To reply to some of the post:
Sonic, that is a great idea, I'm going to try and get a solid group togeather that can do at least one map a week. I'm not sure if I will be able to get some people togeather though.

As for the ads, they stay. But you do have two options, you can donate a dollar to the website, and I'll shut your ads off for three months. Or you can run an Ad Blocker like bemushroomed mentioned.*

Upvote 0
I added two more Tutorials since the last update to this post. The 5th tutorial is on Textures, Static Meshes, and Skyboxes.*

The 6th tutorial that was just added today is on Movers, Triggers, and Usuable Doors.*

Yesterday I also added over 15 maps to the downloads section. That brings us up to 31 files, to many for me to keep up to date. So if you guys can register and update your own maps it would be a great help.*

Upvote 0
Thanks for this Sandcrawler.

I always wanted to do some game / map editing, never had the foggiest idea how to go about starting, but then found out bout the SDK. Was beginning to think I'd never get to do it, but with some youtube tutorials (based on UnrealEd) and a handful of websites and forums (including this one), I've jumped straight into making 2 maps (which I'm progressing with surprisingly well).

My biggest concern is taking time to get everything "perfect" first try - I don't particularly want to create yet another noobie fail map.

What's the deal with if I send you my map and there is still possible bugs? I could do with a hand to learn how to test everything - and I presume you don't want 'unpolished' maps on your server? I expect to finish my smaller map within around a week from now, pretty excited about this!

:)

Upvote 0
Sorry strum, I didn't see your reply. If you make a post on the forums I'll try and take a look at your map, and give you some feedback on the editor part of it anyways. As a mapper I don't really play the game as much as some.

I don't have a new tutorial this time around, just wanted to make everyone aware of the style changes. We have a new layout that has alot more information on it. We have also made some more changes to the Downloads Section. We have a Review system all in place now and you should see some map reviews soon.

Upvote 0