• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MAKE Patriarch KILLABLE!

|USS| HUNK

May 16, 2009
Ok so I've been playing the game on normal difficulty with 6 people we can easily get to the patriarch that's the easy part, now then we have the boss, the patriarch. My entire squad has LAWS and we empty our LAWS on him he suffers roughly 60 shots from the weapon, keeps cloaking and never dies, then he kills us eventually because we have no more LAW ammo. Is it possible to nerf the patriarch myself or am I forever doomed to have my entire squad raped over and over and over by an unkillable foe?

Ok so I've been playing the game on normal difficulty with 6 people we can easily get to the patriarch that's the easy part, now then we have the boss, the patriarch. My entire squad has LAWS and we empty our LAWS on him he suffers roughly 60 shots from the weapon, keeps cloaking and never dies, then he kills us eventually because we have no more LAW ammo. Is it possible to nerf the patriarch myself or am I forever doomed to have my entire squad raped over and over and over by an unkillable foe?

It IS possible in normal its even ridicolusly EASY to do it. we almost managed to do it hard and we dont go to forum moan and complain, To the point to explain to you the players you have played with really suck!

and using law on all 5 is so stupid aug and dual cannons on 3 ppl 1 law 1 flamthrower(maybe) is usually best and the nuke the **** out of him he will get chainstunned to knees and die. :)

Upvote 0
He is really killeble the thing that is wrong thou is that he dont scale on the ammount of players ingame so if you try to solo him he is HARDER than with 6 ppl.

this is my experience and normal mode is EASY. He is without any question doable, you guys have to train :) if you aint good enuff you train you dont go to forums and complain becuse you aint good at fps games and cant do it normal mode.

Try play hard/suicide mode or even make it to the boss i am one of few who have done it with clanm8s. and maps other than farm makes it ALMOST impossible even on hardmode if you are level 2.

but anyway Play hard go pro, Train Train Train Train till you got it and you know how the Mobs AI works to exploit/trick them.

Upvote 0
Actually, delete this thread, just killed him :eek:. I had a team that had... intelligence. It was incredible they avoided his rockets and his machine gun blasts, but none of us used the LAW because I was going on Fuzion's advice and he is correct, the LAW is USELESS. Should be removed from the game tbh if it's that bad, we had 4 guys with hunting shotguns about lvl 3 support perk and 2 dudes sharpshooters me and another lvl 2 with double DEAGLES. I think the name of this thread should be changed to make the LAW useful.

Upvote 0
According to steam I've played 12.3h of KF since release. At least 10 of these was COOP on Normal-Short and Normal-Medium.

As the OP said, getting to the patriarch was easy (as to be expected), but the actual patriarch we've been unable to kill. We're not massive noobs and don't make any major mistakes or run around without any tactics, but we're still unable to kill it.

So yes, I personally think the patriarch needs to be rebalanced a tad to match 'normal' difficulty.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Patriarch is very killable..
I've soloed him twice on beginner
I haven't soloed him on Normal/Hard/Suicidal yet, though

I have, however, joined a normal server and we've killed him there so many times. As well as a Hard server.. Some guy had a chainsaw, flamer, L.A.W, and I had a shotty.. 4 diff wep types.. (idk bout the other two.. I think shotguns/bullpups)

He is very killable.. and the reason his dmg is high is because you're supposed to have armour before you fight him.. His HP is high, too, because the game is meant for 6 people, not 1.. you need to think that out some more.

Upvote 0
According to steam I've played 12.3h of KF since release. At least 10 of these was COOP on Normal-Short and Normal-Medium.

As the OP said, getting to the patriarch was easy (as to be expected), but the actually patriarch we've been unable to kill. We're not massive noobs and don't make any major mistakes or run around without any tactics, but we're still unable to kill it.

So yes, I personally think the patriarch needs to be rebalanced a tad on normal difficulty.
Precisely. I've played 27+ hours, most on normal. We have tactics, and still don't prevail. The Patriarch is too difficult for normal.

Upvote 0